Lets Talk Metal
Aug 12, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #3,901 of 29,701
Holy crap, I cant believe that vocalist is actually a girl. **** impressive.

Quote:
Japanese stuff:

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #3,902 of 29,701
Aug 12, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #3,903 of 29,701
I don't remember being blown away by Ghost Brigade in the past, but I'm kind of digging this track from their new album. I think I'm going to have to check it out when it's released next week. Any thoughts?

Are they a Katatonia spin off? They sound a lot like them though they get into older-Katatonia toward the end (think BMD era).

This is a nice track. One criticism, its a bit pop-y no?

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #3,905 of 29,701

Quote:
Are they a Katatonia spin off? They sound a lot like them though they get into older-Katatonia toward the end (think BMD era).

This is a nice track. One criticism, its a bit pop-y no?

I guess you could say they are Finland's Katatonia. AMG mentioned that similarity in their review. This track is considerably less pop-y than that one.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #3,907 of 29,701
I first learned about agalloch on these forums so id imagine marrow of the spirit coming out on vinyl would be of great interest here
tongue.gif

Quote:
They said they have a vinyl all lined up to be released later in the year, so I'll hold out for that.

Also, Marrow of the Spirit vinyl coming out in the next couple weeks. Not sure if that interests anyone here.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #3,908 of 29,701
Me and Algha have been singing this to each other during our sleepovers.

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #3,910 of 29,701
Insomnium is my favorite band and I can't friggin' wait for their new album! 

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #3,912 of 29,701
I guess you could say they are Finland's Katatonia. AMG mentioned that similarity in their review. This track is considerably less pop-y than that one.

Like I said, its a nice track, but is any better than Katatonia? No, I mean I will check them out on Spotify but I don't expect anything revolutionary here. But who knows....maybe they will impress...

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #3,914 of 29,701

Quote:
Like I said, its a nice track, but is any better than Katatonia? No, I mean I will check them out on Spotify but I don't expect anything revolutionary here. But who knows....maybe they will impress...

Yeah, I'll need to hear the rest of the album. As I said Ghost Brigade didn't really impress me with their first two releases, but there seems to be more promise here. In an unrelated note, the reviewers at Metal Underground are idiots. They praised the new In Flames album, raved about the first Revocation album which was bland and repetitive, and trashed the new one which is about a 500% improvement over the first. Three strikes guys, three strikes.

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #3,915 of 29,701

Quote:
Yeah, I'll need to hear the rest of the album. As I said Ghost Brigade didn't really impress me with their first two releases, but there seems to be more promise here. In an unrelated note, the reviewers at Metal Underground are idiots. They praised the new In Flames album, raved about the first Revocation album which was bland and repetitive, and trashed the new one which is about a 500% improvement over the first. Three strikes guys, three strikes.

We have higher standards.

On a side note. Who was it who posted persefone? I friggin love them and can't get enough. Thank you so much. Also the production quality is top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back