Lets Talk Metal
Apr 12, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #27,391 of 29,662

Apr 12, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #27,392 of 29,662

yw

Apr 16, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #27,393 of 29,662
More Metal. Black Metal.

Apr 20, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #27,394 of 29,662

Apr 21, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #27,396 of 29,662
I used to like Napalm Death etc but as I got older the closest to that growling vocals I can stand is intronaut which still has some of that.
I do hate the way too many imho different sub genre's of metal .
Oh and I'm a tool fanatic and I think Prog Metal is still metal.
And Tool is awesome

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #27,397 of 29,662
I used to like Napalm Death etc but as I got older the closest to that growling vocals I can stand is intronaut which still has some of that.
I do hate the way too many imho different sub genre's of metal .
Oh and I'm a tool fanatic and I think Prog Metal is still metal.
And Tool is awesome
Im the exact opposite, as ive gotten older if it doesnt have death black or grind vocals I cant do it, even thrash, really bumbs me out.

Speaking of a brain thing, fortunately theres plenty of weird ass progged up stonery jazzy death metal.

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #27,398 of 29,662
Im the exact opposite, as ive gotten older if it doesnt have death black or grind vocals I cant do it, even thrash, really bumbs me out.

Speaking of a brain thing, fortunately theres plenty of weird ass progged up stonery jazzy death metal.

I still listen to classic metal such as iron maiden , JP , Pantera etc but have not found anything lately that I truly like but I'm open to listen and give it a shot .

I was lucky enough to see bands back in the 70s like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple that really started the metal movement ..

I even Dated a girl in Jr high just because she babysit for a couple that had every Sabbath album and a kick ass stereo lol

I do think if I venture back to my Napalm Death metal days I'LL have to get some more closed back headphones because my wife even thinks Tool is too scary

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #27,399 of 29,662
I still listen to classic metal such as iron maiden , JP , Pantera etc but have not found anything lately that I truly like but I'm open to listen and give it a shot .

I was lucky enough to see bands back in the 70s like Black Sabbath and Deep Purple that really started the metal movement ..

I even Dated a girl in Jr high just because she babysit for a couple that had every Sabbath album and a kick ass stereo lol

I do think if I venture back to my Napalm Death metal days I'LL have to get some more closed back headphones because my wife even thinks Tool is too scary

Theres no shortage of excellent new heavy and prog metal with clean vocals. Tons of material on bandcamp, if you have a band you like you can use similar-artist.info or the similar artists on metal archives. Various youtube channels for specific genres, new release sections of spotify/tidal etc. Finding new music is easy these days, no scrounging through physical albums in a record store, although that certainly had its appeal back in the day ;]

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #27,400 of 29,662
Good mix of death and grind
(屮゜Д゜)屮

Apr 25, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #27,405 of 29,662
Mooore

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back