Lets Talk Metal
May 14, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #26,478 of 29,662
That's not the issue. By buying their stuff you are actively supporting them with money. Would you knowingly buy things from the KKK?
Another problem is that by sharing their music on the internet you enable them to reach more people. People who might be susceptible to their racist/facist bull****.

If you want to listen to this ****, download it illegally and just keep it to yourself.

We are forced to support countless organizations that are infinitely more harmful to society than some underground metal band. And um...ever heard of freedom of speech...freedom of expression...individual responsibility? As far as I can tell, in this case, it's perfectly legal, and if you don't like it, you still can't do anything about the fact that others like their music. I have no opinion on the matter because I simply don't care about the musicians or their personal views; I only care about the music. (But redcar did say they don't have a political stance as a band at this time, so what are you accusing their new album of exactly?) You talk about certain people being susceptible, but that is a matter of individual responsibility. The only person responsible for an individual's actions is that individual. If someone listens to a metal album and then commits a crime, they can't blame the band for it.

May 14, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #26,479 of 29,662
Dick Dale was singularly responsible for making guitar amps loud. He worked with Leo Fender to add power and make the speakers bigger, going from 6 inch amp speakers to 15 inch. He was also the first guitar player to daisy chain amps together to get a louder sound. Music history folks say his loud guitar style and intensity mark a profound change in music and are the first examples of a style that would eventually turn into our genre discussed here. He taught Jimmy Hendrix how to make his guitar loud also forever changing the sound of music.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #26,480 of 29,662
We are forced to support countless organizations that are infinitely more harmful to society than some underground metal band. And um...ever heard of freedom of speech...freedom of expression...individual responsibility? As far as I can tell, in this case, it's perfectly legal, and if you don't like it, you still can't do anything about the fact that others like their music. I have no opinion on the matter because I simply don't care about the musicians or their personal views; I only care about the music. (But redcar did say they don't have a political stance as a band at this time, so what are you accusing their new album of exactly?) You talk about certain people being susceptible, but that is a matter of individual responsibility. The only person responsible for an individual's actions is that individual. If someone listens to a metal album and then commits a crime, they can't blame the band for it.

Knowing some ultra brutal black death metal bands members's personally, most people who play in those extremists bands put up an act, it is all for the sake of putting up a show and selling records / concert tickets. Their image and music doesn't refllect their personal opinion and their music is generally supposed to create some kind of fantasy of their own, the band members usually being fairly harmless.

May 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #26,481 of 29,662
Dick Dale was singularly responsible for making guitar amps loud. He worked with Leo Fender to add power and make the speakers bigger, going from 6 inch amp speakers to 15 inch. He was also the first guitar player to daisy chain amps together to get a louder sound. Music history folks say his loud guitar style and intensity mark a profound change in music and are the first examples of a style that would eventually turn into our genre discussed here. He taught Jimmy Hendrix how to make his guitar loud also forever changing the sound of music.

Woah

Is he part of a band or has solo albums?

May 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #26,482 of 29,662
Knowing some ultra brutal black death metal bands members's personally, most people who play in those extremists bands put up an act, it is all for the sake of putting up a show and selling records / concert tickets. Their image and music doesn't refllect their personal opinion and their music is generally supposed to create some kind of fantasy of their own, the band members usually being fairly harmless.

That may be true for some, but definitely not all.

Woah

Is he part of a band or has solo albums?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Dale#Discography

May 15, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #26,483 of 29,662

Above his best early album. Dick Dale started to change the music landscape getting the OK to play loud guitar at the Rendezvous Ballroom in Newport Beach. Kids would drive from LA just to hear this reverb guitar from the giant all wood building. The sound was like nothing ever heard in music. Both my parents would go at 18 years old and I was conceived right outside in a woody station wagon while Dale was playing. I was talking to him in 2009 and told him that, he said " that's heavy!"

May 15, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #26,485 of 29,662
If you look close you may notice he playes( I think ) a right handed guitar upside down left handed. Though he has explained his stings are not only extra heavy but the top high E is where the normal low E normally is. So his guitar is strung upside down too. The thick high E and thicker other strings give that 55 Strat the special sound. He has used that gold guitar his whole life, though at one time for what ever reason it was in the surf museum in Huntington Beach and was stolen.

They got it back and that's the guitar in the videos. He had a giant mansion walking distance to the wedge surfing spot in Newport, though lost it at one point. It remained abandoned for years and I went and did a photographic exploration of the place in 1986 with black and white film. It looked both slightly Hispanic and haunted at the same time.

He had trouble with a statutory rape charge, but then retuned in the mid 1990s with his son playing. His son may be the one on drums in the videos. In 1994 his song in the movie Pulp Fiction helped return his style to the limelight. I have been totally influenced by his music recording many songs trying to emulate his guitar style. It's actually pretty easy simply to get the sound. Hard to play like him though. You take a spring reverb and go out of the guitar amp and then to the spring then back in. Place the direct line out to another amp in a bathroom and mic it. Record the spring reverb directly to tape and your 90% there.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #26,487 of 29,662
Yes, but i didnt get into the new album as much as Pinacle of Bedlam :frowning2:

May 15, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #26,489 of 29,662
Oh my gosh! Limbonic Art (one of my top five black metal bands) has a new album coming out in July.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Limbonic_Art/Spectre_Abysm/645151

(If you're not familiar with the band, I'd recommend asking me for highlight tracks from their discography, since this new track is not representative of their greatness. This is all too common with new metal albums.)

And I didn't notice until now that Dimension F3H (a band formed by an ex-Limbonic Art member) released their first new album in nine years last year.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Dimension_F3H/This_Mechanical_World/620028

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #26,490 of 29,662
I get your point. Still I purchased the CDs used and Im pretty sure none of the bands now are involved with any movement. So in a way you could could say the bands are reformed nowdays. So.........?

I could not even name a band in the movement now?

If I imposed moral or political litmus tests to all my music, half my music would need to be tossed. Bad plan. Enjoy the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back