Lets Talk Metal
Mar 9, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #26,116 of 29,672
Don't know much about their newer releases, that is, every release after 2000, besides the radio hits.
If you were female, in the metal scene, and Finnish, you most certainly liked Ville Valo and/or HIM in the late 90's.
I think they/he had a strong Peter Steele imitation going in the late 90's, and it actually worked with the rougher, unpolished sound (vs. the radio hits I've occasionally heard.)
Out of curiousity, I fired up the Razorblade Romance from Spotify this morning. I'm quite sure I haven't heard it in 15 years, and I was appalled. The track listing was wrong - couple of inane songs added, a couple missing, and the feeling of the album was off as a whole. I'm pretty certain that they've mixed some songs, and polished the production a bit from the original presses. It didn't sound like this.

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4tTGKWnag2I [/VIDEO]

I'm happy to have experienced HIM as it's the only metal my wife truly loves. So to listen to them at home with my girl is still exciting. This greatest hits was maybe the most expensive single CD I have ever purchased and as an import at $29 it is well worth it for the couple songs I seem not to have on regular CD. They are great musicians in my eyes, also how many bands can say they single handedly created a sub-genre here.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #26,117 of 29,672
I'm happy to have experienced HIM as it's the only metal my wife truly loves. So to listen to them at home with my girl is still exciting. This greatest hits was maybe the most expensive single CD I have ever purchased and as an import at $29 it is well worth it for the couple songs I seem not to have on regular CD. They are great musicians in my eyes, also how many bands can say they single handedly created a sub-genre here.

Can't really comment on their musicianship too much, as the band was a phenomenon here, and I can't take them too seriously.
It's actually the other way around in my household nowadays, I'm getting complaints about not listening to metal/heavier stuff enough!
Too bad that greatest hits album lacks the proper version of the Wicked Game-cover, the Vol. 666 is one is "proper" one. It's the one which propelled the band into the Finnish consciousness, along with the heavier sound/production I was talking about.

Too bad the sound isn't exactly up to par, but you get the idea of the whole image change:

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #26,119 of 29,672

Can't really comment on their musicianship too much, as the band was a phenomenon here, and I can't take them too seriously.
It's actually the other way around in my household nowadays, I'm getting complaints about not listening to metal/heavier stuff enough!
Too bad that greatest hits album lacks the proper version of the Wicked Game-cover, the Vol. 666 is one is "proper" one. It's the one which propelled the band into the Finnish consciousness, along with the heavier sound/production I was talking about.

Too bad the sound isn't exactly up to par, but you get the idea of the whole image change:

Their first three came as a box set, I have it.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #26,128 of 29,672
i am dabblimg in death, ive got my bands :3 that get most plays

suffocation
cattle decap
Pyscroptic- seen them live 3 times! 

I had kingdoms but lost it somwhere along the way but i remember liking it

due to ure past comment ive got dawn of the possession streaming from you tube

will be downloading the discog and buying their tickets should they eve sow

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #26,129 of 29,672
  i am dabblimg in death, ive got my bands :3 that get most plays

suffocation
cattle decap
Pyscroptic- seen them live 3 times! 

I had kingdoms but lost it somwhere along the way but i remember liking it

due to ure past comment ive got dawn of the possession streaming from you tube

will be downloading the discog and buying their tickets should they eve sow

Man if you like Suffo you can find SOOOO many bands you'll adore. 

Look up Defeated Sanity. They have what is honestly one of the most impressive death metal albums post-2000 with Disposal of the Dead // Dharmata. Half of the album is brutal death metal a la Suffo, half is progressive death like Exodus and Death. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #26,130 of 29,672

Their second to last !!! The Epigenesis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back