Lets Talk Metal
Dec 6, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #25,516 of 29,659
  I don't think the mere mentioning of torrent technology is against tos(absent linking and mentioning specific sites-neither of which I did), besides not all torrenting is illegal-there are many torrent files which the author has specifically said to share everywhere.  As you know laws are arbitrary.  Some smaller bands (the smarter ones) use it as a way to get their stuff out there.  It's just a technology and torrenting in and of itself is in no way illegal, IMO it isn't even immoral as IMO IP is absurd but let's not open that can.  Also editing would be pointless anyway as you've quoted me and correct me if I'm wrong but once I've been quoted it doesn't matter if I change the original(which I have no intention of doing anyway) as your quote will still reflect the original.

Hey, I'm not making the rules here.

Pretty interesting Black Metal project.
Kind of like Arcturus but more spacey, electronic and metal.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #25,517 of 29,659
Thought I'd share that this just came out: http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

(I'm a fan and former owner of the original Fulla DAC/amp.)

Most metal NIN... hm.

1. Wish
  2. Last 
  3. Mr Self Destruct
  4. We're In This Together Now
  5. March of the Pigs

Those are my picks, they're some of the only tracks that can be performed with a "normal" band. Wish and Last in particular are just straight-up ******* hard rock/metal.

Thank ya kindly. Those just sound like industrial rock to me, though.

At least "Eraser" has delicious anguished screams and slightly more metal-ish instrumentation.
devil_face.gif

Black Metal is a ridiculously malleable genre. It can be combined with ******* near anything. Death metal, shoegaze, punk, industrial, thrash, doom, prog, post, pretty much anything can use a little black metal if implemented right. 

That's why I think black metal is the most diverse metal genre, simply because it can "cheat" more than others by integrating so many styles.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #25,518 of 29,659

Thank ya kindly. Those just sound like industrial rock to me, though.

At least "Eraser" has delicious anguished screams and slightly more metal-ish instrumentation.
devil_face.gif

I admit that analysis baffles me. Eraser is rad as hell but aside from anguished screams (which are not at all a requirement in metal) there's nothing that says "metal" in there at all. It's way more down the industrial/noise rabbit hole, a song that wouldn't be out of place on a Today is the Day album.

Side note: TitD is the ****. Temple of the Morning Star...

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #25,519 of 29,659
  Black Metal is a ridiculously malleable genre. It can be combined with ******* near anything. Death metal, shoegaze, punk, industrial, thrash, doom, prog, post, pretty much anything can use a little black metal if implemented right. 

Just discovered blackgaze, love it!

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #25,520 of 29,659
  I admit that analysis baffles me. Eraser is rad as hell but aside from anguished screams (which are not at all a requirement in metal) there's nothing that says "metal" in there at all. It's way more down the industrial/noise rabbit hole, a song that wouldn't be out of place on a Today is the Day album.

Side note: TitD is the ****. Temple of the Morning Star...

The last minute of the song more or less has guitar chugging too (though it could be totally electronic for all I know), which, to me, sounds much more like metal than the basic rock structures of most of the tracks you listed...but still not really metal.

And yeah, you know I'm a fan of them too.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #25,524 of 29,659
  I have always thought NIN was clearly industrial metal...

I have yet to hear a single NIN track that sounds like industrial metal to me. It all comes off (again, to me, not necessarily others) as industrial rock with light metal influences.

Here's some industrial black metal for ya! (Some tracks aren't metal, but most are.)

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #25,525 of 29,659

I have yet to hear a single NIN track that sounds like industrial metal to me. It all comes off (again, to me, not necessarily others) as industrial rock with light metal influences.

Here's some industrial black metal for ya! (Some tracks aren't metal, but most are.)

Try Fixed/Broken/Wish EPs - haven't heard them for years but I recall them being pretty heavy.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #25,526 of 29,659

Dec 7, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #25,527 of 29,659
Holy moly, this schiit is brutal.

https://comaclustervoid.bandcamp.com/

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #25,528 of 29,659
Dec 7, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #25,529 of 29,659
Re: torrents, I find a strange irony of people on a forum dedicated to spending a lot of money on audio hardware not willing to spend money on the music that hardware is supposed to be enhancing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back