Lets Talk Metal
Nov 21, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #24,961 of 29,660
I don't actually own the new Korn yet, but from what I have heard so far I'm loving it.  Great layering and texture to the sound.  I like that they go back to their sound from Untouchable,Issues, Follow The Leader and a tad of See You On The Other Side.  They are quite true to their best works to me. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #24,962 of 29,660
  I don't actually own the new Korn yet, but from what I have heard so far I'm loving it.  Great layering and texture to the sound.  I like that they go back to their sound from Untouchable,Issues, Follow The Leader and a tad of See You On The Other Side.  They are quite true to their best works to me. 

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'd, at this point, call it top 3 right behind Follow the Leader and Issues. It might drop a bit later but that's where it is currently. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #24,963 of 29,660
  I'm absolutely in love with it. I'd, at this point, call it top 3 right behind Follow the Leader and Issues. It might drop a bit later but that's where it is currently. 

I like Issues, Follow the Leader, Untouchables the best.  Then See You On The Other Side and Take A Look In The Mirror. I didn't like anything between Other Side and the new album.  I couldn't enjoy those albums at all.  I don't like their early albums much either.  Theses are the gems to me.  Th new album completely ditches Take a Look and includes enough of Other Side to keep a little fun and playfuness in the sound.  I do prefer the older stuff to anything between Other Side and Suffering.  I actually like it more as I get older,  ADIDAS used to annoy me because it came out when I was in junior high and annoying girls in my class used to quote it obsessively and I found it irritating.  They would quote it all day especially if anybody was wearing any Adidas brand clothing or shoes.  I don't mind it now being 31 and well out of high school.  I can stand it and like it some now.

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #24,964 of 29,660
Nov 21, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #24,966 of 29,660
  After giving the new In Flames a few full listens Im also pretty disappointed. It has a few decent moments as a whole it was a let down. 

I did just hear the new Korn album and feel the opposite. Definitely digging that one

Check out my original post on it. haha. Since they're my favorite band, I probably hate it more than most could...they've become such a disgrace to their own legacy.

I've played the new Korn more than any other new album this year. It just drips emotion and is so darn catchy.

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #24,967 of 29,660
The first big concert I ever went to was Ozzfest in 2003 outside of Marysville California.  I had just graduated high school and been through an ordeal with a girl.  Chevelle then Disturbed Then Marilyn Manson and then Korn to close out the night.  Those bands really helped me through some hard times.  I listen to Marilyn some still and Chevelle a little, but have always listened to Disturbed and Korn the most.  I just went to Ozzfest to see Disturbed, but found myself really liking all 4 bands on the main stage.

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #24,968 of 29,660
  The first big concert I ever went to was Ozzfest in 2003 outside of Marysville California.  I had just graduated high school and been through an ordeal with a girl.  Chevelle then Disturbed Then Marilyn Manson and then Korn to close out the night.  Those bands really helped me through some hard times.  I listen to Marilyn some still and Chevelle a little, but have always listened to Disturbed and Korn the most.  I just went to Ozzfest to see Disturbed, but found myself really liking all 4 bands on the main stage.

I love this track! (It's on the Spawn movie soundtrack.)

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #24,969 of 29,660

I like Issues, Follow the Leader, Untouchables the best.  Then See You On The Other Side and Take A Look In The Mirror. I didn't like anything between Other Side and the new album.  I couldn't enjoy those albums at all.  I don't like their early albums much either.  Theses are the gems to me.  Th new album completely ditches Take a Look and includes enough of Other Side to keep a little fun and playfuness in the sound.  I do prefer the older stuff to anything between Other Side and Suffering.  I actually like it more as I get older,  ADIDAS used to annoy me because it came out when I was in junior high and annoying girls in my class used to quote it obsessively and I found it irritating.  They would quote it all day especially if anybody was wearing any Adidas brand clothing or shoes.  I don't mind it now being 31 and well out of high school.  I can stand it and like it some now.

I'm seriously surprised that neither of the first two albums are on your list. That's crazy as hell to me. Admittedly I tend to look at Korn's career as "the first four albums, then everything else." This is the first one I've fired up since Issues that I listened to more than once. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #24,970 of 29,660

I love this track! (It's on the Spawn movie soundtrack.)

I have that one.  I have his discography.  Good song.  My favorites are The Fight Song, Last Day On Earth, Coma White, I Don't Like The Drugs,Tainted Love, Antichrist Superstar, (S)Aint and Mobscene. Love the guitars and vocals on the new Kreator track.  The video is disturbing though and too much for me.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #24,973 of 29,660
Nov 22, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #24,975 of 29,660
New Zao tracks! I hear all sorts of influences...black metal, metalcore, grindcore, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/zao_official

Their new album The Well-Intentioned Virus will be out December 9th.

Preorders here:
https://holymountainprinting.myshopify.com/collections/zao/products/zao-the-well-intended-virus-cd-pre-sale
https://officialzao.bandcamp.com/album/the-well-intentioned-virus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back