Lets Talk Metal
Sep 27, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #24,466 of 29,644
HI

came here to rave about melechesh and all their albums but i see you talk of the 846's. I used to own them they got a very full sound, black filters will sound veiled though. I am now on the um pro 50 also veiled but even more so, good thing is a better cable will clear this issue right up. go in for a upgrade silver cable for the 846 and look out

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #24,468 of 29,644
Found some Klipsch Heresy speakers for sale in my area. Would you recommend Series 1 or Series 2? They are both listed at $700 a pair.

Sep 28, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #24,471 of 29,644

The drums on this track 
L3000.gif
  anyone else have any recommendations for metal tracks with a real good drum presence? new to metal, love the sound of quick drums with my planar's.

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #24,474 of 29,644
  HI

came here to rave about melechesh and all their albums but i see you talk of the 846's. I used to own them they got a very full sound, black filters will sound veiled though. I am now on the um pro 50 also veiled but even more so, good thing is a better cable will clear this issue right up. go in for a upgrade silver cable for the 846 and look out

Modding the blue filter will definitely clear the veil

Sep 28, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #24,475 of 29,644
Since the entire last page was nothing but headphone talk, would you like to me to describe/compare any headphones I've had, @Redcarmoose
? (Full list on my profile.) I know you asked about a few things in the past.

Let's talk metal headphones
Let's talk metal music
Let's talk metal history
Let's talk metal concerts
Let's talk metal sound quality?

Common,.......it's all good. I am envious of those Shure IEMs! Lol!

We are waiting for your full disclosure and 50 page review of the Utopia Headphone by Focal? Someday!

https://www.audiogeeks.com/headphones/focal-utopia-over-ear-headphones?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&sku_id=1002&gclid=CN_Y9f_zsc8CFUUvgQodFNwBLA

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #24,476 of 29,644
I got to try a lot of IEMs and headphones last weekend at the biggest european headphone event that I'm not allowed to name here on Head-Fi.

1. Whole AAW line-up: First two models are not really good. Not even for the price. W300 is good. Flagship has weird treble.
  2. Dita: Pretty nice sound, fit was a bit lacking.
  3. Weird A&K IEM from Beyerdynamic: Really liked the sound, has stupid tips, is a bit too expensive.
  4. Custom Art Harmony 8.2: Nice, would not buy for this price.
  5. Inear Stage Diver 4: Sound-wise almost exact clone of my SM64, better soundstage, amazing comfort and fit. Recommended.
  6. Audeze iSine 10: Amazing. Loved it. Looks effing stupid and the fit is a bit fiddly, but sounds so so good for the price. Highlight of the show, might even consider buying.
  7. Focal Elear and Utopia: Elear sounds pretty good, would buy used if I were in the market for a desktop setup. Utopia tad too neutral for me, also way too expensive.
  8. JH Rosie and Angie: Rosie was bad, mids sound like you are listening to a telephone. Angie also very underwhelming.
  9. Shure KSE1500: Okay bass, everything else mediocre, performance for the price is baaaad.
  10. MrSpeakers Ether C: Meh, Elear is the better alternative.
  11. Etymotic ER4: The exact opposite of my preferred soundsig. Hate it. Totally not for Metal.
  12. Oriolus: Ooooooookay and not worth the price.
  13. Nameless Oriolus DAC: Nice.
  14. Nameless Oriolus amp: Really really nice. Another highlight. Love the strange mini tubes. Don't have any use for it, but still want it.
  15. Nameless Oriolus DAP: Nice buttons, nice and simple UI, hope it won't be too expensive.
  16. Chord Mojo: Nice, would only buy if I already found my endgame IEM, and maybe not even then because stacks are stupid.

Just ask ahead if you want to know more.
Someone please buy me the iSine 10 kthxbai.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #24,477 of 29,644
I got to try a lot of IEMs and headphones last weekend at the biggest european headphone event that I'm not allowed to name here on Head-Fi.

• Whole AAW line-up: First two models are not really good. Not even for the price. W300 is good. Flagship has weird treble.
  • Dita: Pretty nice sound, fit was a bit lacking.
  • Weird A&K IEM from Beyerdynamic: Really liked the sound, has stupid tips, is a bit too expensive.
  • Custom Art Harmony 8.2: Nice, would not buy for this price.
  • Inear Stage Diver 4: Sound-wise almost exact clone of my SM64, better soundstage, amazing comfort and fit. Recommended.
  • Audeze iSine 10: Amazing. Loved it. Looks effing stupid and the fit is a bit fiddly, but sounds so so good for the price. Highlight of the show, might even consider buying.
  • Focal Elear and Utopia: Elear sounds pretty good, would buy used if I were in the market for a desktop setup. Utopia tad too neutral for me, also way too expensive.
  • JH Rosie and Angie: Rosie was bad, mids sound like you are listening to a telephone. Angie also very underwhelming.
  • Shure KSE1500: Okay bass, everything else mediocre, performance for the price is baaaad.
  • MrSpeakers Ether C: Meh, Elear is the better alternative.
  • Etymotic ER4: The exact opposite of my preferred soundsig. Hate it. Totally not for Metal.
  • Oriolus: Ooooooookay and not worth the price.
  • Nameless Oriolus DAC: Nice.
  • Nameless Oriolus amp: Really really nice. Another highlight. Love the strange mini tubes. Don't have any use for it, but still want it.
  • Nameless Oriolus DAP: Nice buttons, nice and simple UI, hope it won't be too expensive.
  • Chord Mojo: Nice, would only buy if I already found my endgame IEM, and maybe not even then because stacks are stupid.

That's the fun part of this hobby, manufactures are always making more gear. The HD800s have been removed from the wall of fame! What's next? The Drama. Lol.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #24,479 of 29,644

1. Whole AAW line-up: First two models are not really good. Not even for the price. W300 is good. Flagship has weird treble.
  2. Dita: Pretty nice sound, fit was a bit lacking.
  3. Weird A&K IEM from Beyerdynamic: Really liked the sound, has stupid tips, is a bit too expensive.
  4. Custom Art Harmony 8.2: Nice, would not buy for this price.
  5. Inear Stage Diver 4: Sound-wise almost exact clone of my SM64, better soundstage, amazing comfort and fit. Recommended.
  6. Audeze iSine 10: Amazing. Loved it. Looks effing stupid and the fit is a bit fiddly, but sounds so so good for the price. Highlight of the show, might even consider buying.
  7. Focal Elear and Utopia: Elear sounds pretty good, would buy used if I were in the market for a desktop setup. Utopia tad too neutral for me, also way too expensive.
  8. JH Rosie and Angie: Rosie was bad, mids sound like you are listening to a telephone. Angie also very underwhelming.
  9. Shure KSE1500: Okay bass, everything else mediocre, performance for the price is baaaad.
  10. MrSpeakers Ether C: Meh, Elear is the better alternative.
  11. Etymotic ER4: The exact opposite of my preferred soundsig. Hate it. Totally not for Metal.
  12. Oriolus: Ooooooookay and not worth the price.
  13. Nameless Oriolus DAC: Nice.
  14. Nameless Oriolus amp: Really really nice. Another highlight. Love the strange mini tubes. Don't have any use for it, but still want it.
  15. Nameless Oriolus DAP: Nice buttons, nice and simple UI, hope it won't be too expensive.
  16. Chord Mojo: Nice, would only buy if I already found my endgame IEM, and maybe not even then because stacks are stupid.

on the dita, did you try the truth edition one? lately, I have been interested in this IEM, since it is using a dynamic driver and seems like it has a relax and shallow fit.
the isine does not isolate noise well right? since it is open back design and all..

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #24,480 of 29,644
  on the dita, did you try the truth edition one? lately, I have been interested in this IEM, since it is using a dynamic driver and seems like it has a relax and shallow fit.

the isine does not isolate noise well right? since it is open back design and all..

Regular version.

iSine isolation was okay. Not great, not bad. Simply okay. Maybe good enough for train rides, but bus might be too noisy.
Also did not leak as much as I thought it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back