Lets Talk Metal
Nov 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #2,207 of 29,684
Weakling is brilliant. I almost got a Dead as Dreams tattoo one night but my girlfriend wouldn't have it. 
bigsmile_face.gif

edit: epic review btw

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #2,210 of 29,684

Quote:
Do you go more for the early stuff?

Old classics are terrific too, but my love of life is pretty much in the burzum-school of blackmetal with long, repetive and layered harmonics, ambientic stuff. New or old doesnt matter. Weakling is more in the old Emperors direction IIRC. It has been a while since I heard the album though.

Nov 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #2,213 of 29,684
^ I actually think Amazon and AMG are great for recs since the former offers all of those "similar artists" links and Amazon will recommend (new) stuff based on you ratings of what you've bought.

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #2,219 of 29,684

Quote:
Samael has posted a new track on their myspace page. It's pretty good, has retained some of the raw brutality of Above while getting back to their modern industrial style.

http://www.myspace.com/samael

Dave, this is the first time I say to you....eek!  They are a confused bunch of souls.  I listend to AntiGod and Black Hole.  Both are kinda iffy.

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #2,220 of 29,684

Quote:
Dave, this is the first time I say to you....eek!  They are a confused bunch of souls.  I listend to AntiGod and Black Hole.  Both are kinda iffy.

They aren't for everybody. The early stuff is fairly mediocre black metal, then they switched to an industrial style on Passage and Exodus, two albums I like a lot. Then they went kinda euro-pop-rock for awhile. Black Hole is from Above, which was another departure, just raw aggression. The new stuff sounds a bit more like their Passage/Exodus sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back