Lets Talk Metal
Dec 14, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #21,496 of 29,701

I think this is the Abbath cover.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #21,497 of 29,701
  Speaking of, if any one has any recommendations of bands with a sound well like these guys please let me know! 

Very similar: https://chronostasis.bandcamp.com/releases

Album is "for free" on their Bandcamp page.

I'm still hoping I get a chance to hear one this year >.> 

I tried a few (and will try some more next month) and while all of them performed really well I just can't bring myself to like their sound signatures.
Boring and unengaging. Good for "clean" music like Jazz etc. but not so much for Metal, Rock, Hardcore blabla

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #21,499 of 29,701
The first release on vinyl had the black white and red cover. I have the second release. The third release the album has additional tracks. I was just listening to that a month ago and noticed that the Leviathan songs tend to be stronger?

I'm a Xasthur freak, so I got that reissue CD as soon as I heard about it. Back in 2004 I also downloaded a rip of the vinyl, which was actually the first time I heard either band!

I tried a few (and will try some more next month) and while all of them performed really well I just can't bring myself to like their sound signatures. Boring and unengaging. Good for "clean" music like Jazz etc. but not so much for Metal, Rock, Hardcore blabla

You seem to like a more colored sound signature. The SR-207 is easily the most accurate headphone I've heard (to my ears, more accurate overall than any high-end non-electrostat, and the measurements back it up) and it more or less doesn't lack anything in terms of how engaging the music actually is, in my opinion. It's my favorite so far, and with virtually all types of music.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #21,500 of 29,701
  You seem to like a more colored sound signature. The SR-207 is easily the most accurate headphone I've heard (to my ears, more accurate overall than any high-end non-electrostat, and the measurements back it up) and it more or less doesn't lack anything in terms of how engaging the music actually is, in my opinion. It's my favorite so far, and with virtually all types of music.

My plebian ears can't handle the accuracy and I accepted the fact that I'll never achieve true audiophoolness.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #21,501 of 29,701
Some really well-made and refreshing Black Metal!
Those "gregorian" chants and blast beats mix pretty darn well!

https://witchinghourproductions.bandcamp.com/album/litourgiya

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #21,503 of 29,701
  Some really well-made and refreshing Black Metal!
Those "gregorian" chants and blast beats mix pretty darn well!

https://witchinghourproductions.bandcamp.com/album/litourgiya

Absolutely, this was on my list for best of the year. Heck I was listening to it at work right now!

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #21,504 of 29,701

I only have this one by them: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Behold_the_Arctopus/Nano-Nucleonic_Cyborg_Summoning/57227

Interesting band. Need to hear the rest!

I heard of Behold the Arctopus because they did a "Betcha Can't Play This" video some years ago and aside from the thing they played being awful I couldn't stop laughing at the song/album titles. 

Defo glad Colin got his noodly nonsense mostly out of his system and beefed up his songwriting for the latest Krallice album. 

ooh not bad, actually 

My plebian ears can't handle the accuracy and I accepted the fact that I'll never achieve true audiophoolness.

hehe I'll have to hear an Elctro stat one day an see how I like it 

Ugh I have Behold the Arctopos album, an I can't stand it. Musically it's... horrid. I guess Math Cores not my genre honestly, an I like Animals as Leaders, I already own everything of their

Marty Friendman also has a REALLY good solo album, Angel Vivaldi is another instrumetal artist I like, but his music is kinda grainy :/ 

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #21,505 of 29,701
  Ugh I have Behold the Arctopos album, an I can't stand it. Musically it's... horrid. I guess Math Cores not my genre honestly, an I like Animals as Leaders, I already own everything of the

Marty Friendman also has a REALLY good solo album, Angel Vivaldi is another instrumetal artist I like, but his music is kinda grainy :/ 

Which reminds me...listen to this if you haven't already!

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #21,506 of 29,701

Which reminds me...listen to this if you haven't already!

Listening to it now an that's actually really good! I suppose I shouldn't right off an entire genre based off one negative experince

either way thanks for sharing! 

just in case you guys haven't heard it! The videos is also interesting 

actually I'm listening to a Solo Album of his from the 80's an it's pretty good too :O 

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #21,507 of 29,701
I can say, I'm doing some late night metal right now with Alpha Pads on my TH X00 an it sounds fantastic with metal! Though like my LA D5k [which is out for repairs an new pads] it sound best at like 75-80 dbs xD

Doing some Opeth Tonight, and a little Protest the Hero. Oh an in case you've not heard, these guys are also pretty freaking awesome 

Speaking of, if any one has any recommendations of bands with a sound well like these guys please let me know! 

I have that cd! Man I need to pull that out and give it a spin. It's been a while. You ever heard a band called Sybreed?

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #21,508 of 29,701
I have that cd! Man I need to pull that out and give it a spin. It's been a while. You ever heard a band called Sybreed?

I've given their Slave Design album a listen an I'm not a huge fan, Industrial doesn't seem to be my cup of tea an I'm not crazy about the vocals either 

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #21,509 of 29,701
  Listening to it now an that's actually really good! I suppose I shouldn't right off an entire genre based off one negative experince

either way thanks for sharing! 

There are some hilarious and interesting moments on that EP, so make sure to hear it all. There's even a cover of Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy"!

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #21,510 of 29,701

There are some hilarious and interesting moments on that EP, so make sure to hear it all. There's even a cover of Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy"!

thus far I'm really enjoying Pig Latin! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back