Lets Talk Metal
Sep 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #1,696 of 29,701

Quote:
Anyone seen BLS live?  I was told Zakk isn't that great live AND they are one of the best live shows around.....weird that two people had completely different experiences...

-aps

Sep 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #1,698 of 29,701
I am really liking Revocation. 

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #1,699 of 29,701

Quote:
Is that a Cathedral vinyl to the left? Classic! Which turntable/amp do you use?

Yes, Forest of Equilibrium gatefold. Unfortunately I don't have a turntable right now :|

Quote:
And a Severed Survival on the right <3

:) A 3rd vinyl can be seen on the photo. 10 points to whoever get's it. Hint: UK band, release on Vinyl Solution.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #1,700 of 29,701
For fans of Kalmah, Norther, Children of Bodom et al, the new Made of Hate is good! I just picked this one up, and I'm really liking it. Their first album started strong but became pretty stale by track 4, and lacked imagination. Plus it was just a bit too COB in sound. The new one Pathogen though is a big improvement. They've shifted members around or something, I'm not quite sure what the story is, but the vocals are completely different. No more Alexi clone, now the style sounds more like Darkane. Kalmah should listen to this album and learn how to make good music again.

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #1,706 of 29,701
Slayer is good, their life album "Decade Of Aggression" sounded very good too. That written I am not really a metal lover but sometimes it is the best music you can listen too... 

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #1,707 of 29,701

Quote:
Slayer is good, their life album "Decade Of Aggression" sounded very good too. That written I am not really a metal lover but sometimes it is the best music you can listen too... 

It's all good. It's just a matter of picking the eyes out of everything that comes along.

You know you have good taste DF. That's the main thing.

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #1,708 of 29,701

Quote:
Then I would wait for this:

http://www.ibasso.com/en/news/show.asp?ID=103

The ibasso stuff is very good for the price.

Thanks! I was more looking into a desktop DAC though. Also, I have no use for a balanced headphone amp. I was trying to steer away from the whole portable dac/amp thing and go for more "robust" equipment from now on. :) The Purepiper DAC is looking pretty good actually. Anyone have any experience with that one? 

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #1,710 of 29,701
Quote:
Thanks! I was more looking into a desktop DAC though. Also, I have no use for a balanced headphone amp. I was trying to steer away from the whole portable dac/amp thing and go for more "robust" equipment from now on. :) The Purepiper DAC is looking pretty good actually. Anyone have any experience with that one? 

I do not know about the Purepiper DAC but the Behringer SRC 2496 is also quite interesting. I especially like the options you have with the Behringer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back