Lets Talk Metal
Sep 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #16,457 of 29,670

Apparently my order along with others whose were shipped on August 5th all got lost in the USPS system. I talked with Avantgarde music about this and they said if I haven't received it by Friday, they're sending me a new copy.

A little unfortunate, but I appreciate their transparency. I'm very excited to have this record.

That freaking sucks... Did you at least get a download code or something?

I didn't really get to hear it yet, but after the brilliance of "Time" I have very high expectations.. Tomorrow's commute is one I look forward to. :)

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #16,458 of 29,670

That freaking sucks... Did you at least get a download code or something?

I didn't really get to hear it yet, but after the brilliance of "Time" I have very high expectations.. Tomorrow's commute is one I look forward to. :)

I've heard tidbits, and I've loved what I heard so far. Very razor-sharp, tight and dark stuff. I'm glad that it doesn't seem as weird as their most recent iterations have been. 

I e-mailed them to see if I could get a download code, and worse comes to worse, I'll just put my pirate cap on. Since I already bought the LP, I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #16,459 of 29,670
  I know. And now it's released. Glad that made you lol.

When I first posted about it on July 28th, it had already been released ten days prior.
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #16,461 of 29,670
Found this band today: Pomigranite Tiger. It's similar to Animals As Leaders, but maybe a little harder. Here is an 11 minute track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819iuEDbXss&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #16,462 of 29,670
Found this band today: Pomigranite Tiger. It's similar to Animals As Leaders, but maybe a little harder. Here is an 11 minute track.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819iuEDbXss&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This used to be free.

http://pomegranatetiger.bandcamp.com

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #16,465 of 29,670
So I heard Siren Charms by In Flames in CD quality last night. I stand by my previous statements: I dislike the album except for a few guitar riffs and leads. However, I did notice that it has pretty nice production! There is also a Mastered for iTunes version, which should sound different than the CD.

Really? I listened to it and thought it was kinda ho-hum. Pretty mediocre.

I am digesting the new Aibgor record myself for a review.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #16,469 of 29,670
lol, I saw that hilarious video when @Redcarmoose
posted it. I also first heard the album around the time he shared it via YouTube.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say in your reply, though.

He is trying to say we are idiots, still I do like some of the guitar too. The world is full of idiots, don't feel bad.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #16,470 of 29,670
lol, I saw that hilarious video when @Redcarmoose
posted it. I also first heard the album around the time he shared it via YouTube.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say in your reply, though.

I'm saying we are idiots (Thank you RCM)....and...this thread has a way of making you forget about your favorite band...just hang with us and I guarantee you will have this "A ha" and "Woah" and "ZoMG that is amazing" type moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back