Lets Talk Metal
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #16,397 of 29,701
Can we rename In Flames to Linkin Flames?

In this entertaining YouTube video we view the paradox of Hitler reviewing the new album Siren Charms.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HJrRbvjeA

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #16,398 of 29,701
Speaking of In Flames... 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #16,399 of 29,701
Is your copy of Nightfall the newly remastered or original?

My copy of the new http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Candlemass/Psalms_for_the_Dead/337337

Psalms for the Dead sounds great. My brother purchased it on vinyl but I have not heard it.

Have you heard Psalms for the Dead?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vnsoQczY-iQ

My copy is a several years old-at work now-so I cant quote the year it was mastered. I like it, though. The operatic vocals take a little getting used to, but it's good stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing the new YOB-definitely one of my favorite modern doom bands and Earth that I see  AMG gave a really good review. Sounds like they've returned to a heavier sound.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #16,400 of 29,701
  My copy is a several years old-at work now-so I cant quote the year it was mastered. I'll check when I get home. I got it before I got into hifi, and I don't really recal anything specific about the SQ.

I like it, though. The songs are great. The operatic vocals take a little getting used to, but it's good stuff. LIke the epic feel to their style.

I'm looking forward to hearing the new YOB-definitely one of my favorite modern doom bands and Earth that I see  AMG gave a really good review. Sounds like they've returned to a heavier sound.

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #16,401 of 29,701
Is your copy of Nightfall the newly remastered or original?

My copy of the new http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Candlemass/Psalms_for_the_Dead/337337

Psalms for the Dead sounds great. My brother purchased it on vinyl but I have not heard it.

Have you heard Psalms for the Dead?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vnsoQczY-iQ

I wish my brother was into metal, his idea of metal stopped with Slipknot's Vol. 3 and Disturbed.......I even gave him some High On Fire but it was a waste of time

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #16,402 of 29,701
I wish my brother was into metal, his idea of metal stopped with Slipknot's Vol. 3 and Disturbed.......I even gave him some High On Fire but it was a waste of time

We'll, it is fun. Maybe the greatest thing has been playing live videos and having him feel the energy at different recorded concerts. Slipknot was a band that I got him into. Still he has a deeper Grunge and Punk sensibility than I.

We have seen a ton of concerts over the years. Some of the concerts he wholeheartedly does not remember. Now he collects tickets to remember. I remember most of my concerts except when I drank a lot. He sees about 24 concerts a year. Together we saw TSOL, Slipknot, Sucidal Tendencies, KISS. Metallica, UFO, The Plimsouls, Nile, Hypocrisy, Green Carnation, Behemoth, Motley Crue and Ozzy to name a few. I guess I still really need to see Slayer.

The Cult had to be very worst band we saw together, I hate em.

Nowdays I'm a milion miles away.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aIxgBMNhsKU

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #16,403 of 29,701

Are you freaking kidding me!?

SO glad At The Gates finally have a new album!

Can we rename In Flames to Linkin Flames?

The funny thing is, there is a side project that sounds more like alternative metal / nu metal, and it's much better than most of In Flames' recent material IMO.

I love the scream at 1:49!

In this entertaining YouTube video we view the paradox of Hitler reviewing the new album Siren Charms.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HJrRbvjeA

OMG HAHA. This is golden. Everyone (especially those who hate In Flames) should watch this.

Speaking of In Flames... 
rolleyes.gif

Story please? ^_^

I used to play metal albums in cars for my brother all the time. It was entertaining seeing him imagine the crazy things they were saying. Classic examples: "Eat you for breakfast!" (Behemoth) "Why am I not in jail?" (Meshuggah) "Food fight!" (Fear Factory)

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #16,404 of 29,701
We'll, it is fun. Maybe the greatest thing has been playing live videos and having him feel the energy at different recorded concerts. Slipknot was a band that I got him into. Still he has a deeper Grunge and Punk sensibility than I.

We have seen a ton of concerts over the years. Some of the concerts he wholeheartedly does not remember. Now he collects tickets to remember. I remember most of my concerts except when I drank a lot. He sees about 24 concerts a year. Together we saw TSOL, Slipknot, Sucidal Tendencies, KISS. Metallica, UFO, The Plimsouls, Nile, Hypocrisy, Green Carnation, Behemoth, Motley Crue and Ozzy to name a few. I guess I still really need to see Slayer.

The Cult had to be very worst band we saw together, I hate em.

Nowdays I'm a milion miles away.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aIxgBMNhsKU

I think I would get along well with your brother. My Nightfall was remastered in 2001. I also have more recent albums King of the Grey Islands and Death Magic Doom.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #16,405 of 29,701

I think I would get along well with your brother. My Nightfall was remastered in 2001. I also have more recent albums King of the Grey Islands and Death Magic Doom.

I'm the older bro by 5 years. So when I was 13 he would walk into my room, being 8 years old and see this 13 year old going crazy to Led Zeppelin #4. It was 1975 and the Zeppelin album was kinda old as being released in 1971. He did not know what to think of this wild guy, who obviously had better music than the pop he was listening to.

To this day he thanks me for getting him into good music, little does he realize that I also had mentors which showed me what was cool.My buddies older brother ( 21) had a stack of records and he was never home. We would just ponder over this giant stack listening to Savoy Brown, 10 Years After, Black Sabbath, Humble Pie, Frank Zappa and the Mothers, Tomita, Cream and Canned Heat. Band Of Gypsies (Hendrix) was playing and we were spellbound and permanently changed forever.Dark Side Of the Moon was a currant hit record and radio stations loved playing whole sides of Wish You Were Here.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #16,406 of 29,701

Are you freaking kidding me!?

SO glad At The Gates finally have a new album!

The funny thing is, there is a side project that sounds more like alternative metal / nu metal, and it's much better than most of In Flames' recent material IMO.

I love the scream at 1:49!

OMG HAHA. This is golden. Everyone (especially those who hate In Flames) should watch this.

Story please? ^_^

I used to play metal albums in cars for my brother all the time. It was entertaining seeing him imagine the crazy things they were saying. Classic examples: "Eat you for breakfast!" (Behemoth) "Why am I not in jail?" (Meshuggah) "Food fight!" (Fear Factory)

You may be very first listener in 16,400 posts to listen to the words?

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #16,408 of 29,701
Story please? ^_^

Nothing exotic, limited amount of preordered copies were signed by the band. The album itself was a let down. I'll give it a few more listens but so far it sounds like someone castrated them a couple of albums ago, which is a shame because I love their older stuff.

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #16,409 of 29,701
Nothing exotic, limited amount of preordered copies were signed by the band. The album itself was a let down. I'll give it a few more listens but so far it sounds like someone castrated them a couple of albums ago, which is a shame because I love their older stuff.

Yeah, they're my favorite band. I only liked some of the guitars on the new album.

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #16,410 of 29,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back