Lets talk about the ATs!
Apr 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #61 of 76

Quote:
I think I may be one of the only Head-Fiers that has an AD1000.  I just bought it for the frame though since they look nice and are super comfortable.  The sound is nice, but it's not really my thing.  They're going to get some Yamaha YHD-1 ortho drivers sooner or later.

Isn't the frame the same as the one used on a AD900? It would've been cheaper to get one of those?

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #62 of 76
Quote:
I might think it is a little bit wasteful to use the AD1000 as a foster frame.

Maybe.  Its an awesome frame though.  Magnesium alloy and aluminum, light and comfortable, looks cool.  Plus I got it used, pretty much mint, for a decent price.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #63 of 76
sign.. morn for a nice AT and looking forward to seeing a beautiful pair of AT orthos, gonna Rock!

Quote:
Maybe.  Its an awesome frame though.  Magnesium alloy and aluminum, light and comfortable, looks cool.  Plus I got it used, pretty much mint, for a decent price.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #64 of 76
Quote:
Isn't the frame the same as the one used on a AD900? It would've been cheaper to get one of those?

That would be a little cheaper but then I'd have to paint them black so they'd look as nice as the AD1000s so it works out in the end.

Quote:
sign.. morn for a nice AT and looking forward to seeing a beautiful pair of AT orthos, gonna Rock!

Well if it works out, I could always pass on the drivers to someone else to upgrade their AD700 or AD900.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #65 of 76
Anybody know if At are going update the ageing AD series? Something with more bass would be nice. They seemed to have updated all their closed backs

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #66 of 76
Just a matter of time.

Apr 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #67 of 76

Quote:
Just a matter of time.

I hope so. The "air" series is desperately in need of a facelift and retuning. They don't need be bass monsters, just something neutral at least. Grado levels of bass (if they are considered neutral) would be enough for me.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #68 of 76
John Grados are the antithesis of neutral, LOL!

I think that at least K70x/Q701-like bass would be good.  A bit more wouldn't hurt.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #71 of 76
They're not glued in or anything, if I'm not mistaken.  Pry it off one end at a time.

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #74 of 76

Quote:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_40f078a90100cw8a.html
I am sure you would be amazed by this guy.

That's......a lot of headphones.....

eek.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #75 of 76

Quote:
You can peel AT wing pads off and reattach them to the wing system as the cushion pads has two sided adhesive tape on it.

Forgot to follow up!  The headpad of the 3d wings was super easy to change.  There was no adhesive but the process was basically to pinch the cushions out by - think in terms of getting them to make a U shape (they are held in place by tabs on the ends built into the wings).  Install was reverse, pinch a little so they form a U shape and press in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back