Lets talk about IfI Micro BL
Sep 5, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #17 of 23
Hi. I'm using the idsd micro black for quite some time now. What i've noticed is, that if i have the dials just below 0 the sound appears to be only on the left channel and then after increasing the volume a bit on both channels. Is that something you can confirm or test? I use LCD2 and Aeon flow Open on normal gain.

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 23
Hi. I'm using the idsd micro black for quite some time now. What i've noticed is, that if i have the dials just below 0 the sound appears to be only on the left channel and then after increasing the volume a bit on both channels. Is that something you can confirm or test? I use LCD2 and Aeon flow Open on normal gain.

If you mean, there is channel imbalance at low volume levels, this is extremely common/normal with analog volume controls.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #20 of 23
Has anyone got this iFi and a Vorzuge Pure2+ or Duo for comparison?

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #21 of 23
To me it does not make a lot of sense to compare a DAC/Amp with a pure amplifier.
The final sound of the combo with Pure 2 will be dependent on an external DAC/DAP.
And Micro is 8 times more powerful (4W vs 0.5W @16 ohm).

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #22 of 23
To me it does not make a lot of sense to compare a DAC/Amp with a pure amplifier.
The final sound of the combo with Pure 2 will be dependent on an external DAC/DAP.
And Micro is 8 times more powerful (4W vs 0.5W @16 ohm).

I was referring to the Amp stage pal. The iFi has a line out I assume. Do you own both?

Sep 6, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #23 of 23
No, never owned the Pure, just heard it in the past.
Basically, I was considering between the micro and the Pure II+ to amp my DAP but finally I made the right choice))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back