Lets settle this: Where do you stand on Grado?
Aug 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #76 of 96
I personally dislike the SR60s, but that's my only Grado experience. Too harsh. Too forward. Mids were emphasized too much. Bass did not extend very far, though is tight when there is bass.

People say they sound best with rock. I disagree. A lot of rock/metal has a...meaty...tone to it. With the Grados, anything "low" on the guitar feels thin. Bass guitar sound wimpy. How does this make rock sound "good"? Because the mid/high parts on a guitar are brought out (nice and crisp)? What about everything else?

Like I said, my only experience is with the SR60. I don't see why they get so much praise. IMO, my JVC HA-RX700s run circles around them in OVERALL sound. Clarity might not be AS good, which is my only complaint (though the felt mod and burn-in helped a lot). On top of that, they actually isolate a bit and don't annoy people around me due to sound leakage. All of this for $35. Half the price of the SR60s.

Naturally, I'm disappointed and will not be buying another Grado product.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #77 of 96
I liked Grado's, but I do have issues with their build quality. I have owned the sr225, sr325i, MS2i, and HF-1. I ended up keeping the sr325i and selling off the rest (although they were all very nice).

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #78 of 96
I've had SR-125 and SR-325is. They both sounded awesome, but they just don't fit at ALL.

Actually the SR-325is may be going up for sale soon.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #80 of 96
Get JMoney headband
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #84 of 96
I like Grado headphones very much. Didn't vote either. You can buy other headphones and enjoy them....but you will eventually desire the Grado....they simply have a flavor of their own. They present the music in their own undeniably delicious way. Can you say foot tappin' PRAT!

Ahhh....when I'm in the mood for a Grado, no other phone will do.

Grado walks a path least taken and if it's not for you, that's okay.

Peace and good listening

and All the best to the Grados!

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #85 of 96
Used to love Grado but changed to hate recently. If I need to spend more money just to make it more comfortable, what's the point on spending that much money on the first place? It's just VERY annoying when someone said change pad or headband when the product itself already cost a lot but still require another $30 for something that cost less than $1 (pad).

Another super lousy thing is their support. Never reply emails, never gives proper reply and there's almost no way to order parts to repair a faulty headband.

Will I ever buy another Grado? The answer is no and never based on my experience. Unless they really come out a headphone that can rival all other headphones which I doubt.

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #86 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My issue with Grado is the comfort of their headphones. I can mold them so that I can wear them for an hour or so no problem, but after that my ears start to hurt from resting on the plastic driver covers.

Word. Everyone always talks about how the pads are uncomfortable. I don't have a problem with that, it's the soreness of my ears from abrasion by the drivers. The comfies help with that of course, but they don't eliminate it.

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #87 of 96
I have had every Prestige series including all the "i" variants and have ceased my upgrade bug with the RS2. Unless I get a steal on RS1, I see no reason to continue upgrading at this time. Yes, I'm very fond of Grado and I find my RS2 very comfortable, even for long hours of listening bliss.

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #88 of 96
Build quality. I bought SR80 a few years back, the sound in-n-out within one week. Long story short, they didn't want to fix it. My retailer took it back, and complained to me about Grado's strange attitude..., YEAH, attitude.

Aug 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #89 of 96
I love them. A huge fan of my old SR-60's and SR-80's. I got rid of the SR-60's only because they hurt my ears (i became very sensitive to treble), and they're very bright. I borrowed my friend's SR-80's, but I had to give them back. If I had lots of money to spend on headphones, I would surely go Grado. No other phone has those gorgeous highs.

That said, maybe except for my silver cabled PortaPros. I'd take them over RS-1's any day, and yes I am sane.

Aug 13, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #90 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had every Prestige series including all the "i" variants and have ceased my upgrade bug with the RS2. Unless I get a steal on RS1, I see no reason to continue upgrading at this time. Yes, I'm very fond of Grado and I find my RS2 very comfortable, even for long hours of listening bliss.

You have had every Prestige series including all the "i" variants, and you think you will be able to stop just short of the RS1? Good luck with that, dude. Wanna buy a bridge?
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back