Let's say you hit the jackpot of the lottery....
Feb 9, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 23
I would invest it, pay off my student loans, get a nice, modest house, give some to charity, and then get a killer speaker rig.
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #18 of 23
I couldn't spend $6m on a home theater. I also would collect gear like Mr. Li, I'd just have one good stereo system.

Of course with the MegaMillions currently at $133m, I could certainly invest heavily in both hobbies and still have a large fortune left over.

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neither. I'd buy a few more things that I want and live off the interest for the rest of my life.

That sounds pretty nice. I'd find a small house in a nice laid-back neighborhood and comfortably run a small business, or just shrug off work altogether and make art for a while. I think one of the last things I'd do is spend the money on ultra-expensive audio equipment when I'm perfectly capable of enjoying a less expensive system.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 23
Well, if I had to choose between the #1 audiophile setup and the home theater (and nothing else, such as investing, lawyers, etc), I would take the home theater. With it, one could listen to music on it or watch movies!
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 23
I don't play the lottery. I have better ways to throw away money.

Feb 10, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #23 of 23
I'd probably invest in a few Italian and French violins but I don't play lottery and never will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back