Let's Say 'Thank You" to People Here Who Helped Us
May 1, 2009 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

HD_Dude

100+ Head-Fier
Hi...

There has been discussion lately about asking for advice, giving advice, and getting advice.

Let's try something new.

How about looking back to a crucial piece of information, or a key recommendation, or a unique perspective that made you learn, understand and grow?

And how about thanking the person, or persons who helped?

I'll start.

Skylab: Thank you for pointing me to the Meier Audio Corda 3Move. I love it. And I want to let you know, I appreciate all of your help and your reviews and your hard work.

Again, thanks.

May 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 35
Andrew_Wot: Thank you for posting an unbiased review of the DT48s and probably partially ending the flame war.

KBI: Thank you for holding my DT48As for the moment.

memepool (B&O Guru): Thank you for giving me some information about my turntable!

Umm, there's more, but my mind's currently in a haze.

May 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 35
Uncle Erik always responded clearly to my n00b posts. That takes a patient man!

May 1, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 35
memepool - The Head-Fi god of analogue has given me so much great advice it boggles my mind. He is single-handedly responsible for my running down a great Sota Star Sapphire turntable and an AKAI GX-635D Reel to Reel deck.

Big Shot - Yes, Steve is direct and sometimes he can be in your face and confrontational. But he is a fountain of knoweldge when it comes to music and I always apreciated his insights on the music forum - especially in jazz and classical topics.

jamato8 - Head-Fi's resident tube enthusiast and guru has helped me a number of times with picking out tubes for my amps.

I am sure I missed a bunch of folks. Sorry for any omissions.

--Jerome

May 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 35
isn't this the same thing as the thread a couple of weeks ago?

May 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
isn't this the same thing as the thread a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah, there have been numerous slants on appreciation threads over the years...

Head-fi Community Recognition Thread - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/i-...philes-272865/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/i-b...philes-272853/

.. but I still think it's a great thing to do.

Thanks spritzer, [AK]Zip, kevin gilmore, nickyboyo, Dr Xin, Ray Samuels,.. there are so many to name. That's the great thing about this place - so many helping us all.
beerchug.gif

May 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #8 of 35
Thanks Afrikane, Spritzer, amphead, AMB, Elephas, Jude, randerson3024, and so many more...
Head-Fi is a great place, with lots of friendly and knowledgeable members!
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #9 of 35
Memepool
Krmathis
Quaddy
Kuma

All of whom have given me great advice. Thanks!

Edit and Jsaliga for having an inspirational vinyl collection and catalogue.

May 1, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 35
For the Denon AH-D2000's...thanks to:

Bojamijams
Canuck57
myk7000
Nocturnal310
pataburd
esuko

And for my wonderful, wonderful Denon AH-D7000's...thanks to

olblueyes

May 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Erik always responded clearly to my n00b posts. That takes a patient man!

Uncle Erik was the name I thought of immediately when I saw this thread, and taught me all about my poor wallet!

and there have been so many who have helped me after I bought my first real set of headphones, and continue to help!

so thanks!

May 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #13 of 35
In no specific order, I'd like to thank rds, chews89, apatN abd fjrabon for introducing me to head-fi and helping significantly in my purchase of my Alessandro MS-1.

Also, I expect the cheque in the mail from each of them when I get upgraditis. It's all their fault!

May 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Erik was the name I thought of immediately when I saw this thread, and taught me all about my poor wallet!

and there have been so many who have helped me after I bought my first real set of headphones, and continue to help!

so thanks!

X3, Uncle Erik seems to give great advice on just about any topic!
beerchug.gif

I'd like to thank Leftnose too for hooking a fellow up with some Legal Lapis when Pendemonium ran out of stock.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 35
Too many to mention - Audiofiler has been a big help considering he has the same tastes as me. So, thanks all for making this a great forum.

Thanks to Jude especially for creating this place and keeping it from becoming ugly like so many audio and online forums in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back