Let's make it simple. Let's use only one very good headphone.
Mar 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

VALIENTE

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm sorry guys if I am becoming simple nowadays. I rarely use my Grado SR60. I use daily my AKG K701 because it is really good for the music. I thought of collecting different brands but I changed my mind. I must only have one excellent headphone for simplicity. I just two have headphones at the present so I will not add more. I will focus only on improving the sound of K701 up to the point that it's talent have been maximized.

Maybe I will just become a "one-headphone guy (OHG)"

Fellow guys, would you also become one like me, an OHG?
Or your already like this type of headfier?

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 102
I think that's what many of us were trying to do when we joined this forum. Unfortunately I doubt many of us managed to find their perfect headphone for every kind of music.

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #5 of 102
I am a through and through err OHG!! Well i have two of the same headphones
tongue.gif

Been a nice long journey to arrive at this point. I too feel the need to only improve the sound of my one and only headphones. No desire for any other.
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 102
I've been like that for a few months now. Once the HD800 arrived I sold my L3000, HP-1000, and eventually my HF2. I am completely satisfied.....

....that is until my JH16s arrive.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 102
I can see myself being a two-headphone guy.. not just one right now. I'm wondering if the MS-Pro can change that
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 102
I lived with my Ed8's for about 4 months and eventually wanted a different sound. I initially thought I'd end up being happy using them only. However, I now realize I like to rotate after a period of concentrating on one particular HP. This usually leads to my concentrating on the genres that the HP in active use is good with. Makes for a nice arrangement and always fresh experience. Kind of like the seasons of the year.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 102
Not having any money to spend around helps in being a OHG a lot. So does finding something you like and not listening to better gear you don't own.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 102
Sorry, one for home and one for the world outside. My limit would be four or five for I love my vintage headphones. I might get a second portable for cheerful and sunny days...

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Joboto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see myself being a two-headphone guy.. not just one right now. I'm wondering if the MS-Pro can change that
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll eventually get around to doing a comparison. Work + uni + css = no free time
tongue.gif

Wait a second...

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #13 of 102
The more headphones you have, the more urge to listen more often, which can result into tinnitus...

I deliberately try to reduce my time listening or take breaks because of tinnitus. tinnitus can be a real annoyance and scary.

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #14 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm more of a 1 closet full of headphones kind of guy
biggrin.gif

This is the closet with a lock right? The wife can't find out about them
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #15 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more headphones you have, the more urge to listen more often, which can result into tinnitus...

I deliberately try to reduce my time listening or take breaks because of tinnitus. tinnitus can be a real annoyance and scary.

Too much volume while listening?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back