Let's hear your con stories...
Jun 17, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #61 of 62
No white van stories. Online I've been lucky I guess. Have gotten everything I've paid for on ebay (knocks on wood). But recently I ordered a (used) Reservoir Dogs DVD ($12.49) from a seller that does not reply to e-mails and surprise surprise, nothing in the mail. Amazon replied to my note rather quickly and said that 30 days has to pass (which has as of today) then I can request a refund and they'll send the paperwork then. Also sent my bank a secure message to dispute the chargeo.

Jun 17, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #62 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Yesterday afternoon at work I was approached by a white van (I was doing cart-pushing at the time) trying to sell me speakers (the damned "white van scam"
very_evil_smiley.gif
). But I fared better (read: got luckier) than many of you: I simply replied "No", and the van simply drove off towards another person.
tongue.gif

Had I fallen for that scam, I would have found out almost immediately that the speakers themselves were craptacular.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Damn, I wish you'd bought them, or at least asked them for an audition (yeah, right) - so you could post your thoughts here and tell us about how craptacular they were. I love that word, especially when it's true.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back