LET'S HAVE A DEBATE!
Mar 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #16 of 29
I meant there is no debate for me, I prefer the PFEs. Obviously, you are having a hard time with his reason for posting. Sure, he could have searched, but he didn't. I posted a link for him too. Good to see you are the new conscience of what threads should be legit. Anyway, get to the topic. Do you have anything to say about the two phones in question? A useful comparison? Even just a preference?

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #17 of 29
Of course I don't have an opinion about the 'phones. I don't even have them!
But to make you happy, I found 1, 2.. no 3 threads just by using typing "PFE vs ER4(p) head-fi" in at Google.

Happy now?

Mar 14, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #19 of 29
no apologies needed. Search revealed the results which I wasnt able to see at first, perhaps I mis-typed in my search string. Anyway, it's funny to see all the off-topic arguing. I guess I could have started a debate on Skullcandy vs Bose vs stuffing fecal matter in one's ears.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #20 of 29
I've had both, and disliked both equally.

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had both, and disliked both equally.

Well, I have both (I know, my first post and so on) but I actually like both for different reasons.. musical taste, source and what I feel like listening to.
If I had to make a choice, PFE probably wins. Why,.. details are more pleasent, works better with a lager variety of music than ETY, bass impact and presence a more significant for the the type of music I prefer and a couple of other reasons. Basically it comes down to what type of music you listen to. But placing a comment and cutting both of them out without any reasoning is pure ******** and waste of time for anybody to read in a serious forum like this or what it should be. Just my humble opinion..

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristoteles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have both (I know, my first post and so on) but I actually like both for different reasons.. musical taste, source and what I feel like listening to.
If I had to make a choice, PFE probably wins. Why,.. details are more pleasent, works better with a lager variety of music than ETY, bass impact and presence a more significant for the the type of music I prefer and a couple of other reasons. Basically it comes down to what type of music you listen to. But placing a comment and cutting both of them out without any reasoning is pure ******** and waste of time for anybody to read in a serious forum like this or what it should be. Just my humble opinion..

Welcome
beerchug.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #24 of 29
Currently I am on honeymoon period with PFEs + D10
smily_headphones1.gif
... Don't disturb me!!
smily_headphones1.gif
ha ha ha ha.. Thanks to Larry HeadphoneAddict for the pefect matchmaking
smily_headphones1.gif

Sometime it is good not to be too 'audiophile'. Just play the music and enjoy it. Let's our brain do the processing accordingly.

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #26 of 29
well, if I may inflect a bit of my own opinion into this useless thread I made, I just received my er4p's, and I gotta say, even though I absolutely LOVED my PFE's before they died, the er4p's sound better imho. They're quite a bit more uncomfortable than the PFE's, but they isolate so much better & the detail is simply stunning. Many are saying that the bass is missing on the ety's, but it sounds perfect to me. I mean, it doesnt pound the eardrums like many sets, but I can clearly head the lower notes, & they're respresented extremely accurately. This is my first pair of ety's, but maybe this was what I was looking for all along. Is there a team etymotic here? lol
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, if I may inflect a bit of my own opinion into this useless thread I made, I just received my er4p's... This is my first pair of ety's, but maybe this was what I was looking for all along. Is there a team etymotic here? lol
biggrin.gif

Congrats on something that really works for you.
etysmile.gif

----> Team Etymotic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back