Let make an official heavys h1h thread?
Jan 4, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #106 of 120
Screenshot_2023-12-23-13-07-37-83_1ca21e2ee732f9da83c601a5800f37c7.jpg

So I have now lately been listening my heavys with mostly 60% AutoEq strength...

Weird: Wavelet doesn't show an AutoEq Stength option for me, and that feature has been on my wish list for a while.

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #108 of 120
Weird: Wavelet doesn't show an AutoEq Stength option for me, and that feature has been on my wish list for a while.
That sounds really strange. You have activated the AutoEq profile and then tapped on the EQ Graph?

I'm also using legacy mode, but that shouldn't make a difference. I have also paid for the app, since I really love it, but that also shouldn't make a difference.

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #110 of 120
That sounds really strange. You have activated the AutoEq profile and then tapped on the EQ Graph?

I'm also using legacy mode, but that shouldn't make a difference. I have also paid for the app, since I really love it, but that also shouldn't make a difference.

I (happily) paid for the app as well. Maybe I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #112 of 120
I found a good use case for the Heavys.
While I have several more accurate headphones they all weren’t able to deliver the intensity of the organ in this album. The Heavys have so much bass that they make the organ really thunder.

https://album.link/ch/i/1692928698
Great choice, real additional depth to that organ on the Heavys. As an aside and in case it wasn't on your radar, Anna did a really cool live collaboration with an electronic artist Bonobo that was unbeknownst to the audience. Worth a watch -

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #113 of 120
@Marksu, Do you use Heavys headphones on your PC? If so, what equaliser do you use? I have Equalizer APO + Peace installed, but I don't know how to adjust it to have a good sound. For example the same as your setup with Wavelet on Android that I'm using.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #114 of 120
@Marksu, Do you use Heavys headphones on your PC? If so, what equaliser do you use? I have Equalizer APO + Peace installed, but I don't know how to adjust it to have a good sound. For example the same as your setup with Wavelet on Android that I'm using.
Yes,

I don't use Heavys that much on PC. But I have used Equalizer APO + Peace to fine tune my Wavelet profiles.

So here's my quick way of doing it:
First go to Squig.link: https://kuulokenurkka.squig.link/?share=Harman_2018_Target,H1H_(Hell_Blocker_OFF)_**
1705172595111.png

You can choose different measurements. I mostly listen with HB OFF so that's what I use as my base and that is what I select.

Next you move to Equalizer:
1705206210371.png

And you select 2) AutoEQ.

After the AutoEQ graph has been generated you can then Export it in two ways. 4) Parametric export that you can import to Peace and 5) Graphic EQ export that you can import to Wavelet.

In this case we do the 4) parametric export.

You can then import this to Peace
1705206328536.png

Just click the 1) import and import the file you just exported.

It will then add the same frequencies 2) and gain + quality values 3) as you had in Squig.

Now you can then save it in Peace and start to play with it there.

You can listen to your music and just tweak the values for your liking. You should activate the graph
1705206502801.png

So it's easier to see what it looks like when you do changes.

You can also just add new slider to the equalizer with the "+" button and you can add custom frequency you wan to tune on top of the AutoEQ.

So, this is what I use as a base and just play some music and then tweak from here for it to be more of my liking.

If you want your adjustments that you made in Peace to be available in Wavelet also then there are probably many ways to do that. For me the simplest is to go back to squig.link and just modify the frequency, gain, and Q-values to match what you have in Peace and then click the 5) "Export Graphic EQ (for Wavelet)" button and you have file you can import to Wavelet and then you got matching EQ on both.

Jan 14, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #115 of 120
Yes,

I don't use Heavys that much on PC. But I have used Equalizer APO + Peace to fine tune my Wavelet profiles.

So here's my quick way of doing it:
First go to Squig.link: https://kuulokenurkka.squig.link/?share=Harman_2018_Target,H1H_(Hell_Blocker_OFF)_**
1705172595111.png

You can choose different measurements. I mostly listen with HB OFF so that's what I use as my base and that is what I select.

Next you move to Equalizer:
1705206210371.png

And you select 2) AutoEQ.

After the AutoEQ graph has been generated you can then Export it in two ways. 4) Parametric export that you can import to Peace and 5) Graphic EQ export that you can import to Wavelet.

In this case we do the 4) parametric export.

You can then import this to Peace
1705206328536.png
Just click the 1) import and import the file you just exported.

It will then add the same frequencies 2) and gain + quality values 3) as you had in Squig.

Now you can then save it in Peace and start to play with it there.

You can listen to your music and just tweak the values for your liking. You should activate the graph
1705206502801.png

So it's easier to see what it looks like when you do changes.

You can also just add new slider to the equalizer with the "+" button and you can add custom frequency you wan to tune on top of the AutoEQ.

So, this is what I use as a base and just play some music and then tweak from here for it to be more of my liking.

If you want your adjustments that you made in Peace to be available in Wavelet also then there are probably many ways to do that. For me the simplest is to go back to squig.link and just modify the frequency, gain, and Q-values to match what you have in Peace and then click the 5) "Export Graphic EQ (for Wavelet)" button and you have file you can import to Wavelet and then you got matching EQ on both.
WoW! Thank you very much for the guide and all the explanation, I really appreciate it. I'll try everything as soon as I can. You learn something new every day!

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #116 of 120
WoW! Thank you very much for the guide and all the explanation, I really appreciate it. I'll try everything as soon as I can. You learn something new every day!
You're welcome :) There is a lot to learn here, but even with just little changes you really can tune the sound quite easily to more of your liking.

Here's one good video on how to use Peace to create EQ for headphones:

Also, I just learned that I can use the "Channel Balance" feature in wavelet to lower the gain. So this helps when you add a lot of positive EQ and you need to lower your gains so you don't get any distortion etc. Just lower both channels equally :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #118 of 120
@Nebucatnetzer and everyone on this thread, apologies I'm so late to join. Thanks for posting my video () at the start of the thread. Reading through the posts, I see that there is a lot of discussion about EQ. I have not received a recent update on the HEAVYS app, though I do know it's well on its way to us. For anyone wanting to do additional EQ, there is some guidance in the comments on my video as well.

In addition, one of you asked if there was a difference with HB/ANC on or off. There is... the bass is more intense and "unbalanced." This works really well in situations where HB/ANC is really called for (like on a train or airplane), where ambient noise tends to interfere with bass perception.

Also, for those here who have them, I'm curious what your experience has been using the H1H wired and/or amped. Thoughts? Differences? (I don't want to bias the responses!).

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #120 of 120
Does someone know anything new?
I haven’t seen anything special from Heavy aside for the various mails for new shells.
Yes - HEAVYS app is moving along well/progressing nicely. There are also firmware updates in the final stages of development as well. I'll post when I know more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back