Let make an official heavys h1h thread?
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #91 of 120
What are the news? It says I'm not a backer but I backed and already got them but can't read it

HeavysCreator
November 15, 2023

Dear Backer,
First things first - an apology is due. We took way longer this time with our update since we were so busy pushing the last GIANT batch out, and wanted to give you the correct, up to date numbers when all was set and done. We are genuinely sorry, and we might have some exclusive surprises in this update to ease the pain :wink:
This update is about:
  • Fulfillment! We’re pretty much done. Who are the few we haven't shipped to yet, and why? 📦
  • Emotions! We are quite literally overwhelmed by some of this feedback. We know not all of you are happy, but most of you certainly are. 🤩
  • Mobile app! Yes, the Heavys mobile app is coming soon and will show up at your doorstep soon. 📱
  • Exclusive news! As our first backers, you deserve to get the news first about what's down the line for Heavys. 📣
  • Holiday special! We do have a soft spot for the Kickstarter folk, so…read below! 🎄
Here we go!
Fulfillment:
As of today, we have all but finished shipping and delivering to backers. We have been able to roll out almost all backer orders by the end of August. September and October were dedicated to the remaining complex cases, some due to geographic or regulatory constraints , others due to shipping companies' complications and returns.
In total 96% of orders were delivered. Out of 6819 orders, 6644 were shipped out (some of them are still on their way or stuck). 12 are held up due to extreme complications which are not under our control (warzone countries).
We have 163 backers, who did not fill the survey are on hold waiting for further information. If you did not feel out your full contact information, or are not checking your email address by which you made your KS pledge, please do so. Then, please fill out the BackerKit survey by clicking the link in your survey email or requesting your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page at https://heavys.backerkit.com.
If you have completed your survey but haven't received a tracking number, or if you have a tracking number but your order is experiencing an unusual delay, please contact us at support@heavys.com. Occasionally, orders may be delayed, lost, or held up in customs, and we are always ready to assist in resolving any issues that may arise.
Emotions and feedback:
Holy Moly! If you could see us blush, or the stupid smiles we share when a backer (especially if it's someone we managed to pi*s off) shares their positive feedback, or even the laughs when someone creates an awesome derogatory Heavys meme (we're looking at you - "SOON" T-shirt) - you'd know that we are people that really love what we do. And we really love to see our people, our community, enjoy a product we put everything into. We're sharing a few that really had us feeling all fuzzy.
We strongly encourage you to visit our social wall at heavys.com. Your feedback is invaluable to us, so if you'd like to share your review, we would greatly appreciate it!
A sample of HEAVYS social wall on heavys.com :
37753251613d5bfec2a505d15c007759_original.png
Heavys Social Wall
Mobile app coming your way!
After going through thousands of comments and feedback we accumulated a list of things we want to improve and upgrade. The app will allow you to download firmware updates for bug fixes, and further down the road we’ll have upgrades and some shockingly cool features we cannot share yet (stealth mode required).
Exclusive News!
You people have put up with us for a while, so we decided to let you in on [some of] our secrets 🤐. Coming sooner than you think are:
  1. Premium Silver coated cable.
  2. Merch (stay tuned).
  3. Shells - new shells, new partnerships, new bands.
  4. Another headphone version [WHAT?]
  5. Stealth mode project we cannot talk a lot about. All we can say is it redefines how sound is heard.
We can barely contain ourselves!
Holiday special!
We know this relationship has been rocky at times, but at the end of the day - we care. Like, a lot. Cue Mariah Carey [or Malevolent Creation]. You are going to receive unique special holiday offers , including new products and special pricing.
We are extremely happy and proud that we were able to deliver on our promise - Design, build and deliver headphones dedicated to metalheads.
It is not every day that a group of people wakes up one morning and decides to create headphones dedicated to metalheads from scratch. You need to be crazy to even try. Looking back, if we would have known how challenging it would be, not sure we would have started [we totally would have].
People doubted us. People doubted the validity of our product. People said it will never work. No one will want them. Others said that creating headphones requires a large team. That a small dedicated team cannot deliver on such a daunting task.
But you believed in us. From day one. 🙏
And because of you, the world now has headphones truly built and created for metalheads 🤘. For that we want to say: THANK YOU from the bottom of our pitless hearts!!
🤘Team Heavys🤘

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #92 of 120

HeavysCreator
November 15, 2023

Dear Backer,
First things first - an apology is due. We took way longer this time with our update since we were so busy pushing the last GIANT batch out, and wanted to give you the correct, up to date numbers when all was set and done. We are genuinely sorry, and we might have some exclusive surprises in this update to ease the pain :wink:
This update is about:
  • Fulfillment! We’re pretty much done. Who are the few we haven't shipped to yet, and why? 📦
  • Emotions! We are quite literally overwhelmed by some of this feedback. We know not all of you are happy, but most of you certainly are. 🤩
  • Mobile app! Yes, the Heavys mobile app is coming soon and will show up at your doorstep soon. 📱
  • Exclusive news! As our first backers, you deserve to get the news first about what's down the line for Heavys. 📣
  • Holiday special! We do have a soft spot for the Kickstarter folk, so…read below! 🎄
Here we go!
Fulfillment:
As of today, we have all but finished shipping and delivering to backers. We have been able to roll out almost all backer orders by the end of August. September and October were dedicated to the remaining complex cases, some due to geographic or regulatory constraints , others due to shipping companies' complications and returns.
In total 96% of orders were delivered. Out of 6819 orders, 6644 were shipped out (some of them are still on their way or stuck). 12 are held up due to extreme complications which are not under our control (warzone countries).
We have 163 backers, who did not fill the survey are on hold waiting for further information. If you did not feel out your full contact information, or are not checking your email address by which you made your KS pledge, please do so. Then, please fill out the BackerKit survey by clicking the link in your survey email or requesting your survey link under "Lost your survey?" on our BackerKit project page at https://heavys.backerkit.com.
If you have completed your survey but haven't received a tracking number, or if you have a tracking number but your order is experiencing an unusual delay, please contact us at support@heavys.com. Occasionally, orders may be delayed, lost, or held up in customs, and we are always ready to assist in resolving any issues that may arise.
Emotions and feedback:
Holy Moly! If you could see us blush, or the stupid smiles we share when a backer (especially if it's someone we managed to pi*s off) shares their positive feedback, or even the laughs when someone creates an awesome derogatory Heavys meme (we're looking at you - "SOON" T-shirt) - you'd know that we are people that really love what we do. And we really love to see our people, our community, enjoy a product we put everything into. We're sharing a few that really had us feeling all fuzzy.
We strongly encourage you to visit our social wall at heavys.com. Your feedback is invaluable to us, so if you'd like to share your review, we would greatly appreciate it!
A sample of HEAVYS social wall on heavys.com :
37753251613d5bfec2a505d15c007759_original.png
Heavys Social Wall
After going through thousands of comments and feedback we accumulated a list of things we want to improve and upgrade. The app will allow you to download firmware updates for bug fixes, and further down the road we’ll have upgrades and some shockingly cool features we cannot share yet (stealth mode required).
Exclusive News!
You people have put up with us for a while, so we decided to let you in on [some of] our secrets 🤐. Coming sooner than you think are:
  1. Premium Silver coated cable.
  2. Merch (stay tuned).
  3. Shells - new shells, new partnerships, new bands.
  4. Another headphone version [WHAT?]
  5. Stealth mode project we cannot talk a lot about. All we can say is it redefines how sound is heard.
We can barely contain ourselves!
Holiday special!
We know this relationship has been rocky at times, but at the end of the day - we care. Like, a lot. Cue Mariah Carey [or Malevolent Creation]. You are going to receive unique special holiday offers , including new products and special pricing.
We are extremely happy and proud that we were able to deliver on our promise - Design, build and deliver headphones dedicated to metalheads.
It is not every day that a group of people wakes up one morning and decides to create headphones dedicated to metalheads from scratch. You need to be crazy to even try. Looking back, if we would have known how challenging it would be, not sure we would have started [we totally would have].
People doubted us. People doubted the validity of our product. People said it will never work. No one will want them. Others said that creating headphones requires a large team. That a small dedicated team cannot deliver on such a daunting task.
But you believed in us. From day one. 🙏
And because of you, the world now has headphones truly built and created for metalheads 🤘. For that we want to say: THANK YOU from the bottom of our pitless hearts!!
🤘Team Heavys🤘
Great, thank you

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #93 of 120
We have news from Heavys (November 15, 2023)

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ones-engineered-for-heavy-metal/posts/3963920

Thank you, somehow I didn't get the email.

I recently bought the Hifiman Sundara and that totally broke the Heavys for me.
Just tried again to make them sound good but I can't find an EQ setting that I like.
Reducing the bass helps but there's still something wrong with the sound that I can't put my finger on.
Well see if the app helps but I honestly I don't have high hopes for these anymore.
It's a shame since they are really comfortable.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #94 of 120
OK. So here is a summary of my thoughts on Heavys after first waiting them for 580 days (from the day I backed on Kickstarter to the day I received the headphones). I received my Heavys on September 26th. I backed Heavys, because I usually found Heavy metal on headphones not to sound too good. I wanted to try something new, something that were made for the Heavy metal.

My first thoughts when I got my hands on with Heavys were that the build quality is very nice. Headphones are quite heavy on weight and feel really solid in hand. Nice good quality feeling in general. Buttons are OK, need some time to get used to those. I like the fact that I can use them with gloves on, physical buttons are always nice.

My initial impressions when listening to some music on them were “meh”, these are OK, but nothing spectacular. I had been spoiled already since I had bought my first “starter audiophile headphones” couple of months earlier and I just love the clarity and all the small details with my wired Hifiman HE-X4 planar magnetic Open Back headphones.

So I decided to listen to Heavys as they come for some time to see if I would like them or not. I didn’t listen to any other headphones for a about a week and I started to like the Heavys sound. It was energetic and it was nice.

But as soon as I listened to my Hifiman again, it came clear that the Heavys sound signature was just so much off, so I had to do something about it.

So around October 3rd My first solution was to just try to use Wavelet and create some equalizer correction to just lower the bass push the mids and treble up a bit. I just played with the EQ for a while and this is what I got:
Heavys-First_EQ_Profile_2023-10-03.jpg
With this profile, I already liked to Heavys a lot more! Heavys started to sound much better and vocals got cleaner and overall I just liked the sound more. So I used this profile for little over two weeks.

But as usual, you start to want more. I knew my profile was just quite random adjustment and there was no science or any measurements behind it. So it wasn’t the optimal solution. For this I wanted to try to find if there was Heavys Frequency response graph somewhere so maybe I could use that to improve the sound. And that’s when I stumbled upon this thread on ~ October 20th.

Now with the measurements done by Sword of Damocles I was able to use the amazing https://squig.link website and create an AutoEQ profile for Heavys.
Heavys-AutoEQ_profile_2023-10-20.jpg
With this I finally got an EQ profile that was not just based on my gut feelings, but based on actual measurements. You can find my Wavelet AutoEQ profile attached into this post, just save it on your phone and import to Wavelet as new AutoEQ profile.

So then I used this profile and I just loved how the sound was so clear now. I could hear the details clearly, no more muddiness anywhere and overall the sound was just very pleasing, sure it can’t match my Hifimans on the details, but that’s expected. I listened to all kind of music now, just to test the Heavys with other genres and it was great!

Now with just the AutoEQ profile set, Heavys lose some of that excitement and fun and energy that the Heavys default tune has. So the AutoEQ profile isn’t enough for Heavy metal by default. We need to add some little tweaks to bring back that energy and fun, so it’s more pleasing to listen to Heavy metal with. So this is my current setup on wavelet.
The AutoEQ profile + Custom EQ + Bass Tuner:
Heavys-Wavelet-Overview.jpg Heavys-Wavelet_AutoEQ.jpg Heavys-Wavelet-PersonalPreset.jpg Heavys-Wavelet-BassTuner.jpg

The personal EQ preset and the Bass tuner are both tuned by gut feeling again. Just small tweaks to make the sound more energetic and fun. And for me these absolutely work! With these Heavy metal sounds amazing. I can hear clear beautiful vocals, amazing electric guitars and great drum kicks. The drums just kick so nicely with amazing Sub bass but without any muddiness or bloat.

I’m sure my tune isn’t perfect by any means, but I have asked couple of my work colleagues (who are bigger metalheads than me) to test the Heavys out with different sound profiles and they all like my final profile with all the tweaks the best.

So my personal final thoughts on Heavys default sound profile is that it has few really good features. It’s fun, energetic and you can play it on insanely loud! But that comes with a cost and it loses a lot of clarity and bass is muddy and the instrument separation is not so good. Treble is lacking and vocals sound strange. It’s not bad, but it’s not anything amazing either.

If you just want to be able to play your heavy metal as loud as possible then the default tune is perfect for you! The louder you play the better it sounds! You can play it a lot louder than normal tunings.

Now when you apply some custom EQ like I have above. Then you start to hear all those details that were not there on the default profile. You can hear the beautiful vocals of Heavy metal singers, you can hear a lot of the small details we have in Heavy metal. (and in any other music genre) But you can’t play the music as loud as you can with the default profile. But for me this is more than OK. I always prefer quality over quantity. With this setup Heavys are the best headphones I have ever had for Heavy metal. The bass kick etc. it’s just so good. (one of the things my Hifiman never can beat because of the open back design etc.)

I’ll list here some of the favorite tracks I have used to test the Heavys (and my all other Headphones for that matter). I use mainly Apple Music (because of little bit better sound quality than what Spotify has) on my Android phone. I always use just Bluetooth with APTX Adaptive.

Non heavy tracks:
  • Sara K. – All Your Love
  • Chris Jones – No Sanctuary Here
  • Brother Dege – Too Old to Die Young
  • Bob Dylan – Man in the Long Black Coat

Heavy tracks:
  • Halestorm – Do Not Disturb
  • Five Finger Death Punch – Bad Company
  • Sonata Arctica – Letter to Dana
  • Black Sabbath – War Pigs
  • Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Thank you. you are my savior.
This has become a sound that I really like. I'm not very good at adjusting EQ, so this was helpful.

Nov 20, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #95 of 120
Thank you, somehow I didn't get the email.

I recently bought the Hifiman Sundara and that totally broke the Heavys for me.
Just tried again to make them sound good but I can't find an EQ setting that I like.
Reducing the bass helps but there's still something wrong with the sound that I can't put my finger on.
Well see if the app helps but I honestly I don't have high hopes for these anymore.
It's a shame since they are really comfortable.
Yeah, I can totally understand you. Headphones like Sundara can change how you like other headphones :D

I have Hifiman HE-X4 which is a lot cheaper "Entry level" Hifiman and I can tell you these are the best headphones I have ever had. I'm sure Sundara is again a nice step up from these.

Anyway, with my above AutoEQ profile, I personally feel the sound of Heavys is much better already. Not perfect by any means but much more balanced to be listened among my Hifimans. Those are anyway completely different headphones in many ways, so i'm OK with Heavys being the more portable ones that I connect to wirelessly.

Did you try those AutoEQ profiles I have above? There's three different profiles there you can try and then you can apply some manual EQ on top of that as needed.

Hopefully when we get the official app, we can get even better official EQ profiles :)

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #96 of 120
I’m on iOS so I can’t really use the AutoEQ. Best I can do is use the EQ in Plexamp but that only works in that app.
Plexamp even has AutoEQ profiles builtin, however the Heavys aren’t on that list yet and I don’t even know which reference they are targeting.
Your EQ settings are on top of AutoEQ correct? So not the actual values your adjusting? Otherwise I could try to replicate your fixed EQ settings.

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #97 of 120
I’m on iOS so I can’t really use the AutoEQ. Best I can do is use the EQ in Plexamp but that only works in that app.
Plexamp even has AutoEQ profiles builtin, however the Heavys aren’t on that list yet and I don’t even know which reference they are targeting.
Your EQ settings are on top of AutoEQ correct? So not the actual values your adjusting? Otherwise I could try to replicate your fixed EQ settings.
Yeah, it sucks that you can't use proper EQ in iOS :frowning2: The Plexamp EQ seems to be too simple to make proper adjustments (I have only seen screenshot on web but looks like simple 10 band EQ). You can't adjust the Quality Factor and the frequency point, so you really can't get proper EQ with just that.

Getting Heavys into official AutoEQ repository probably is not something that just anyone can do, so for that we just have to wait. If only you could import a custom AutoEQ profile like in Wavelet you would have no problems.

But I do have some good news :) Sword of Damocles shared the CSV frequency response files (attached here) and we can use those with the https://autoeq.app/ to create different EQ profiles for different EQ systems.

Here's an example of AutoEQ to Harman over-ear 2018 target with 10 band EQ that you have in Plexamp:
msedge_SMiDumhJfX.png

Quick guide:
1) import the Frequency Response CSV (either of attached files)
2) choose your target
3-4) add Bass boost etc if needed
5-7) check to see the graphs you need to see
8) choose your equalizer

Now as you can see the basic 10 band EQ cant' do miracles.

Buf if we look at what the result looks like when we select Wavelet as our Equalizer:
msedge_ui5N50rtPo.png

Wow, that is almost spot on the target. you can barely see the Equalized line.

So there is great difference depending on what kind of EQ you have available.

This AutoEQ app is great even if you don't really know how to tune EQ. You can just play with pre-made targets and try different results to compare those and choose what sounds best for you.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Heavys_H1H_AVG_Hell_Blocker_ON.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Heavys_H1H_AVG_Hell_Blocker_OFF.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #98 of 120
Yeah, it sucks that you can't use proper EQ in iOS :frowning2: The Plexamp EQ seems to be too simple to make proper adjustments (I have only seen screenshot on web but looks like simple 10 band EQ). You can't adjust the Quality Factor and the frequency point, so you really can't get proper EQ with just that.

Getting Heavys into official AutoEQ repository probably is not something that just anyone can do, so for that we just have to wait. If only you could import a custom AutoEQ profile like in Wavelet you would have no problems.

But I do have some good news :) Sword of Damocles shared the CSV frequency response files (attached here) and we can use those with the https://autoeq.app/ to create different EQ profiles for different EQ systems.

Here's an example of AutoEQ to Harman over-ear 2018 target with 10 band EQ that you have in Plexamp:

Quick guide:
1) import the Frequency Response CSV (either of attached files)
2) choose your target
3-4) add Bass boost etc if needed
5-7) check to see the graphs you need to see
8) choose your equalizer

Now as you can see the basic 10 band EQ cant' do miracles.

Buf if we look at what the result looks like when we select Wavelet as our Equalizer:

Wow, that is almost spot on the target. you can barely see the Equalized line.

So there is great difference depending on what kind of EQ you have available.

This AutoEQ app is great even if you don't really know how to tune EQ. You can just play with pre-made targets and try different results to compare those and choose what sounds best for you.

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the detailed and vert helpful reply!
I didn’t know about the autoeq.app, only the tool from squig.link or crinacle.com and tried to approximate with that.
This settings makes them actually usable (still not great) but I would never have found them with my previous method😅.

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #99 of 120
Hi all

Many thanks for starting this thread and I have appreciated reading about all your preferred EQ settings while regretful that my own iOS set-up does not allow such adjustments. However, my questions here are more from a resolution/bit rate perspective and felt people on here would also be best suited to helping me. I post as an amateur enthusiast of audio but still have some technical limitations in my knowledge that you might be able to help me out with.

Heavys Tech specs

From Heavys website FAQ:

USB-C mode: Hi res uncompressed digital signal from USB-C to internal DAC only

Frequency range: 5 Hz to 46 kHz.

Test set-ups

iPhone test - Apple Music with iPhone X (for AUX testing with Lighting to headphone jack adaptor), iPhone 15 (Bluetooth & USB-C testing), no external DAC

The Beatles - Come Together (2019 Mix)
24 bit/192kHz (if used with an external DAC) ALAC, Dolby Atmos (although for testing purposes I have turned Dobly Atmos off as when in song playback mode Apple Music reverts to presenting lossless playback info including actual bit rate instead of just showing a Dolby Atmos label)

Playback with bluetooth - 24 bit/48kHz

Playback with wired USB-C (bluetooth off, Heavys power button on or off) - 24 bit/48kHz

Playback with AUX (bluetooth off, Heavys power button off) - 24 bit/96kHz

Mac test - ALAC file direct from Finder on my M1 MacBook Pro + Audio MIDI setup app to show device best kHz/bit settings, no external DAC.

Metallica - Enter Sandman
24 bit/96kHz

Playback with bluetooth - 2 ch 32bit float [fixed setting]/44.1kHz

Playback with wired USB-C (bluetooth off, Heavys power button on or off) - 2ch 16 bit integer [fixed setting]/48kHz

Playback with AUX (bluetooth off, Heavys power button off) - 32bit float[fixed setting]/96kHz

My amateur enthusiast assumptions & questions:

Originally, I had thought the USB-C digital cable connection wld mean I could be enjoying with appropriate music files Hi-Res 24 bit/96kHz and even 192kHz (if I had an external DAC) but this is not the reality. When Heavys claim “hi res uncompressed digital signal from USB-C to internal DAC only” are they interpreting hi res as 48kHz (what Apple would refer to as Lossless, while they classify 96 and 192kHz as Hi-Res lossless)? Is it because the tech specs of the headphones themselves are limited to an upper frequency range of 46kHz? Are 96 and 192 (with an external DAC) not obtainable via USB-C, and only via aux?

The other discrepancy I noticed was wired USB-C on my Mac showing-up as 16bit rather than 24bit. Whereas on my iPhone 15 Apple music was indicating 24 bit playback? I am slightly more trusting of the Audio MIDI setup app readings here but wondering why it is limited to 16 bit? Bluetooth (and aux) show 32bit float but my own amateur understanding is the float concept is a little different and of course the file itself is 24bit so the reality of the actual playback is going to be 24bit max. Still, why does it show-up as only 16bit when using wired USB-C?

Many thanks for any insights

Ross

Nov 25, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #100 of 120
Hi all

Many thanks for starting this thread and I have appreciated reading about all your preferred EQ settings while regretful that my own iOS set-up does not allow such adjustments. However, my questions here are more from a resolution/bit rate perspective and felt people on here would also be best suited to helping me. I post as an amateur enthusiast of audio but still have some technical limitations in my knowledge that you might be able to help me out with.

I don't know much about iOS and Mac, but I think you could get a proper system wide EQ in mac quite easily.

Maybe you could use something like this on your Mac: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/comments/qi8s6h/setting_up_eq_for_macos

Me personally I would start there, to get the Heavys sound more neutral and more suitable for music like the Beatles.

I don't personally worry too much of any high res etc. stuff. Normal CD quality has already more than enough resolution and details for me to enjoy and always find some amazing new nuances.

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #101 of 120
I don't know much about iOS and Mac, but I think you could get a proper system wide EQ in mac quite easily.

Maybe you could use something like this on your Mac: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/comments/qi8s6h/setting_up_eq_for_macos

Me personally I would start there, to get the Heavys sound more neutral and more suitable for music like the Beatles.

I don't personally worry too much of any high res etc. stuff. Normal CD quality has already more than enough resolution and details for me to enjoy and always find some amazing new nuances.
Thanks. Yes didn't go into the Mac side but you are right that there is excellent system-wide EQ support there. I am having some woes with my Mac Apple Music library so at the moment am more dependent on iOS for functioning library access but that is another story.

Do appreciate from a subjective audio perspective we can get into murkier territory in terms of perceived differences between higher res bit rates beyond lossless CD quality or even 320kbps but I'm still curious from a technical perspective on what may or may not be happening with higher res files when playing back with our Heavys headphones.

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #103 of 120
Quick update on my journey with AutoEq.

I have attached my latest profile. Very small differences really, but this is what I have been using.

Now problem with having AutoEq strength on 100% is that some frequencies start to introduce some distortion.

I realized that if I drop the AutoEq strength to around 60% I get perfect sound, no distortion. And actually when just playing with AutoEq strength you will have some of that heavys signature sound there.

Screenshot_2023-12-23-13-07-37-83_1ca21e2ee732f9da83c601a5800f37c7.jpg

So I have now lately been listening my heavys with mostly 60% AutoEq strength, but if I want more Heavys power I can just reduce it to like 30% and still get greatly improved sound but with more Bass and Heavys sound.

With 60% Heavys just sound amazing on all kind of genres. When blasting some Heavy metal, sometimes I lower it to closer to 30%

So right now I don't need any additional EQ or Bass tuning, just play with the AutoEq strength!

I think this could be also great for those who don't want to change the Heavys sound too much. Now you only have one simple slider to tune the sound to your liking.

Attachments

• Heavys H1H MEQ-0.2.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #104 of 120
Quick update on my journey with AutoEq.

I have attached my latest profile. Very small differences really, but this is what I have been using.

Now problem with having AutoEq strength on 100% is that some frequencies start to introduce some distortion.

I realized that if I drop the AutoEq strength to around 60% I get perfect sound, no distortion. And actually when just playing with AutoEq strength you will have some of that heavys signature sound there.

Screenshot_2023-12-23-13-07-37-83_1ca21e2ee732f9da83c601a5800f37c7.jpg

So I have now lately been listening my heavys with mostly 60% AutoEq strength, but if I want more Heavys power I can just reduce it to like 30% and still get greatly improved sound but with more Bass and Heavys sound.

With 60% Heavys just sound amazing on all kind of genres. When blasting some Heavy metal, sometimes I lower it to closer to 30%

So right now I don't need any additional EQ or Bass tuning, just play with the AutoEq strength!

I think this could be also great for those who don't want to change the Heavys sound too much. Now you only have one simple slider to tune the sound to your liking.
Thank you as always for sharing your experiences and tests. I will try this new configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back