Let It Snow!
Mar 29, 2009 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Ishcabible

Headphoneus Supremus
It's the second week of spring and it's snowing pretty hard here.

dsc04764d.jpg

dsc04762s.jpg

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 36
Illinois. Wisconsin has like 6 inches.

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 36
My kids threw a soiled diaper on the roof sometime before Christmas, and it's still nestled in a bed of snow up there. I've been waiting all winter for the snow on the roof to melt and bring down the horrible thing, but it hasn't happened. I can still walk across the lake behind my house safely, and it seems that spring has no intention of coming this year.

Enjoy the snow.

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 36
Many years ago I rented the 1st floor of a house. I had neighbours living on the second floor and they had two kids in diapers. During the winter, there was a lovely box of dirty diapers in a big box on my front porch. Not bad during the 20 below weather, hell when it warmed up. As a songwriter, I considered writing a ditty entitled: Dirty Diapers on my Front Porch, but I didn't get beyond the title. Maybe I'll revisit this topic someday. I think that I could turn it into a lovely Chistmas song.

Mar 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 36
Funny stuff! I do encourage you to finish the song.

That diaper on my roof has annoyed me every time I've seen it, and I hope when the snow finally melts, it doesn't end up getting wedged in the gutter (but somehow I think it will). I've even hoisted my son up on my shoulders and had him try to retrieve the diaper with my hockey stick, but to no avail. Maybe one of my fishing poles with appropriate tackle would be the next logical step, but I do have neighbors, and it's a small town. This sort of behavior could easily make front page news in the local paper.

I am curious to know what you ended up doing about the gift box from your neighbors.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 36
I haven't seen snow in about a month or so; been nice and warm. And I'm in Canada!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that I could turn it into a lovely Chistmas song.

Definitely.

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathsnapper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen snow in about a month or so; been nice and warm. And I'm in Canada!
tongue.gif

We've been lucky here in TO. Yesterday was beautiful, today rainy and crappy.
frown.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathsnapper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

That's because you canucks sent all your cold air to us in NY!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We've been lucky here in TO. Yesterday was beautiful, today rainy and crappy.
frown.gif

Yeah, Friday was especially nice. Got to just wear a t-shirt and was able to get everyone to play a game of ultimate. Very nice, warm, sunny day
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 36
The winter clearly wont let go! We had 20cm of snow a couple of days back.
Most of that is melted now, but still 50cm or so remaining from earlier snowfall. Global warm-up, where is it when we need it?
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #15 of 36
It wouldn't bother me if it snowed all year round,i can't stand hot days and summer months,in fact i absolutely loathe it.
Too hot in the daytime,not being able to sleep at night through either being too humid or someone who decides to have a party till the early hours.
Here in england the sun seems to turn a lot of people strange,noisy and ignorant.
It's times like those i seriously wish i was either miles from anywhere in a lovely cool climate or just plain dead.....seriously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back