less volume control in foobar with columns UI
Dec 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

castleofargh

Sound Science Forum Moderator
I'm used to set my volume by going over foobar's volume toolbar and scroll(MOUSE3). by default it's a 1db increment and I find it great to fine tune volume instead of moving the volume slider itself.
 adding columns UI (I need it for other components) is now limiting the volume to 6 steps from zero to max when I turn the mouse wheel.

so my problem is that it does not follow what I set in preferences->advanced->playback->volume step. and simply going back to default UI gives me back my 1db volume increment (or whatever I set).

is there and easy way to get it to work like I want with a lot more steps?

thank you.

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I've always been of the school of thought to leave your player's music at 100%, and preferably your computer at 80-100% as well so you shouldn't be messing with the volume anyways. (imo)

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 3
sure but I'm a lazy dude and will always sacrifice sound for convenience ^_^. I oversample to 24bit to alleviate my guilty conscience but I can't say I really heard any difference.

edit: I just though about trying with shortcuts and it works great with loads of steps. so my problem has been "circumvented" \o/
still if you guys have an idea to solve my original question, I'll gladly use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back