lendmeurears.com: BUYER BEWARE?
Oct 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

VolumusMaximus

Head-Fier
This post is to inform any prospective buyer of my recent experiences with lendmeurears.com.  The seller is located in Singapore, and features Vsonic earphones.

Based on reviews read on this site concerning Vsonic IEMs, I purchased a pair of GR02 Bass Ed earphones from lendmeurears.com.  My order was promptly processed, and I received the item within 3 days.  The earphones were well packaged, and worked beautifully.  I posted my impressions on this site, and highly recommend them for use with an ipod.  I could not be more pleased with the order handling and the earphone themselves.  I give high marks for build quality and performance, for the price.

As I was impressed with the lower cost GR02, I was intrigued with the 'higher' version, the GR04 Pro.  Based on comments and reviews posted on this site, it was my understanding that the GR04 was the 'unappreciated' yet highly competent sibling of the flagship GR07 and shares the bio-cellulose driver technology.

[size=x-small]I then ordered a pair of GR04 Pro's from lendmeurears.  Again, the order was processed quickly, and received the earphones with 4 business days, again well packaged.  Like some impressions that were posted, I found that the GR04 is a little 'metallic' sounding initially where a period of burn-in is recommended to smooth out the edges.  After 8 hours of low volume burn-in, I noticed that the right channel had already lost some edge, while the left channel was now much weaker (lower volume) and somewhat 'muddy'.  While this was not total driver failure, it was audibly evident that there was a problem, with the soundstage shifting significantly to the right channel.[/size]

[size=x-small]I then went to the lendmeurears website, and under FAQ read that if a product is under warranty, to inform them of the deficiency and they would advise where to return the item for replacement.  This was 5 days ago.  To date, no one has contacted me with any return information, or even acknowledges my issue. I have sent them 3 emails requesting advice to remedy my complaint.[/size]

[size=x-small]Hopefully, lendmeurears will take the responsible action of replacing a defective product.   If they will not honor their warranty, then I will not purchase any products from them again, and would advise others that there is risk in doing so.[/size]

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:
[size=small]Hopefully, lendmeurears will take the responsible action of replacing a defective product.   If they will not honor their warranty, then I will not purchase any products from them again, and would advise others that there is risk in doing so.[/size]

5 days would feel like an eternity when you're waiting for a response to a customer service request or your latest toy purchase to arrive. In my limited experience with them, lendmeurears hasn't been the most prompt or consistent with responding to emails, but they replaced my Sunrise earphones when the sound started cutting out from one side after some time. They're OK, but they could be better too. Hope you get their response soon. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 24
Lendmeurears is pretty much a one man show, so I'd say just hang on with a little bit of patience. I'd requested a replacement for my ECCI PR401, which was acknowledged in about 7 days. I sent them back and then got a pair which was wired in inverted phase. I emailed him again with my IEMs now out of warranty, to which he responded in 5 days and said I could get another replacement. If you read around the internet on lendmeurears, you'll mostly see experiences similar to mine; slow response but there.
So I'd suggest you to keep dropping in reminders, and not be worried too much. Good luck!

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #10 of 24
I haven't had any problem with LMUE in the past. I had to RMA my GR07 with them twice, and while it took a few days for them to respond, they always processed everything accordingly and got things done.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #11 of 24
Facebook post should do the magic trick because erryone loves facebook

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #13 of 24
** UPDATE **

The vendor was slow to respond, but eventually did.  I was instructed to return the damaged item to an address in Singapore.  It took 27 days from the day I sent the item back, to when I received a replacement unit in an envelope with little bubble wrap shipped from Singapore.

Comment on doing business with the vendor:

PROS:
  1. Quick delivery on initial sales (most Vsonic phones are shipping from a source in the USA now)

CONS
  1. You will never receive a shipping update after you place the order (they just changed their website store-front, not sure if this is an available feature now)
  2. If you have a question, the answer is slow coming
  3. Their policy states you cannot return an item for a refund
  4. If you have a RMA, you will return the item at your expense to Singapore
  5. It takes over a month to get this resolved
  6. You will never get an update on your RMA unless you email and inquire
  7. You will not get a complete replacement in a box (like a brand new order)

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:
Paypal wont do anything unless it's been returned. I would be patient as lendmeurears has a great rep and check my spam box, both on my pc and at your server

Not true at all. If you file a claim you have to provide supporting evidence. Paypal will award someone a winner for lack of a better term. If the buyer won the claim at that point he would be required to ship it back and provide shipping/tracking details to Paypal and he would get his money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back