Lehmann Rhinelander + Cambridge DacMagic + Sennheiser HD 600
Jun 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chordmaster

New Head-Fier
Hello to everyone,
I'm new on the forum and I'm far from being experienced in hi-fi equipment. I was wondering wheather there is a possibility to connect laptop -> Cambridge DacMagic -> Lehmann Rhinelander -> Sennheiser HD 600 and wheather it's a good combination to listen mainly to classical piano music. I have no idea which cables/inputs to use to connect these devices. Help would be appreciated.
P. S. : Sorry for my english
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 3
First and foremost welcome to head-fi.

Do you already own that equipment or hope to buy?

There shouldn't be any issue running all that from a laptop seeing as the dacmagic has a usb input. I wont bother going into detail about which input connection on the dac is better as I'm sure you'll find out for yourself when you become more confident and proficient in fiddling. Connecting the dacmagic to the lehmann is straight forward, you just need a phono lead (how much you spend is up to you) to go from the output on the dac to the input on the amp.

As for my opinion on that combination, I couldn't give one. not heard the lehmann or the hd600. But I'm sure someone else here has, hopefully they'll comment.

One last thing, Your english is fine. No need for apologies.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back