Legitimacy of this site?
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lolspops

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to pick up the DT 770's which in Canada as for any headphones can be a pain to find. I've came across a site which offers the best price I can find but I've never heard of it before. Is this site legit? Also, are there any other sites that sells for cheaper?

www.economik.com/beyerdynamic/dt-770-pro-80-ohm/

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Haven't used ekonomik.com but I think you should get the same headphone at Long & McQuade for $185. Personally I would get the 250 ohm version which Long & McQuade is selling for $165. Long & McQuade is both online and brick/mortar with great return policy.

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 4
If they have a physical location (which it appears they do, clicking through the contact us section) more often than not you can trust them. Give them a call too, that can be reassuring.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I'm looking to pick up the DT 770's which in Canada as for any headphones can be a pain to find. I've came across a site which offers the best price I can find but I've never heard of it before. Is this site legit? Also, are there any other sites that sells for cheaper?

www.economik.com/beyerdynamic/dt-770-pro-80-ohm/

I've never heard of them. But,

The economik.com domain was registered in 1996. That's a good sign.

The domain registrant is in Turkey but the shop is in Montreal. That's not a very good sign.

A Google search reveals nobody discussing the company, its products, or its services. That's really not a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back