Legendary Portable Cassette Players Gallery
Jan 19, 2003 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 155
hey zowie! i saw one on ebay not too long ago.
biggrin.gif
was that yours? i was like "whoa, i've never seen this before, a dual deck walkman!'

krayzie, i used to have a pair of the MDR-E484's. as i remember it, they were really great earbuds, maybe even better than the current MDR-E888's. unfortunately, it had a terrible accident involving a brother's girlfriend's cat! i won't go any further...
frown.gif
needless to say, i havn't found another pair.

usually how long are your walkman life spans, krayzie? mine usually lasts maybe 3-4 years without problems. unfortunately, most of mine have problems... my WM-EX2 has a slight tape head misalignment, it's picky about some cassettes... some would sound great, others sound just horrible! and my HS-JX707 has some power management problems... sometimes it would not power down and would eat batteries.

WOW! i havn't seen a WM-EX1 in chrome before! that EX1hg looks awesome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 155
Well Bong on average, the remote should last for about 2 years before it starts acting up (buttons not responsive on first press, static and interference from using the volume dial)... For about 1.5 to 2 years with average use each of my newer fast FF/REW machines would need a new drive belt replacement... For the head I try to keep it clean every two weeks of usage, and avoid dropping it and such... my EX7 had such an awful head misalignment I literally threw it out...

Most of my earphones only last for 3 years max... then either the left or right side of the cord would retire...

I think chroming the shell was a stupid idea, sure it looks good when it's all shinny and clean but that's hard to maintain... I love black, so dirt proof... silver is prone to scratches...

Jan 19, 2003 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 155
I have a Sony WM-FX833, its the second from the bottom:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~an4t-tkn...lkman/1995.htm

I have the blue one, still works but i think the motor needs to be fixed or replaced...tapes sound a bit funny at times. It sounds awesome by the way, very smooth and drives the 7506's very well.

Jan 20, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 155
HS-JX707

__hr_Aiwa6.jpg

__hr_Aiwa4.jpg

Sony WM-DD9

__hr_DD9-2.jpg

__hr_DD9-4.jpg

If these images does not show up, can someone please tell me how to share yahoo photos or recommend some other site where I can load these for free.

P.S. I am looking to sell the Aiwa if anyone is interested. Need better headphones, so make a reasonable offer.
smily_headphones1.gif

(If this is not appropriate for this forum, please delete).

Jan 22, 2003 at 5:44 PM Post #20 of 155
From my concert going days in 1985...here is my first recording Walkman...it measures 3 x 5 x 1 &1/4"...

walk4.jpg

Still got the case and box...

walk1.jpg

and the included clip mic and wall wart.....

walk2.jpg

and here are the cans I listened to it with...

walk6.jpg

John

Jan 22, 2003 at 8:59 PM Post #22 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
That pic looks alot like a Sony razor.

Hi Andrew.....

Thats funny....you are absolutely right...the mic clip looks just like a razor in my pic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #23 of 155
top...because it deserves it...some of these walkmans look amazing and i bet sound freaking great. I decided to whip out my 833 and listen to some iron maiden Live after death with my 7506's....hella sweet...very smooth and enjoyable (ie. where's that harsh Sony brightness?
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:04 AM Post #24 of 155
Krayzie,
That Aiwa JX-3000 is the 10th Aniversary of Aiwa, right? I remember seeing one in 6th grade, a true beauty.

Purk

Jan 24, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #25 of 155
The WM-D6C Professional Walkman. The best portable cassette player ever made (and one of the finest recorders, too).

sonywalkmanwmd6c.jpg

Jan 24, 2003 at 3:22 PM Post #26 of 155
some more nicey pics of the WM-EX1HG mmmuuuhhhaaa!!! Found these pics from an eBay auction: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=19636

i-4_B_L.JPG

i-1_B_L.JPG

i-5_B_L.JPG

I think the HS-JX3000 is the 10th Anniversary model for AIWA, not quite sure, but it's so huge I wouldn't want to carry one on the go... They made other gold machines like the HS-JX2000 and HS-EX50...

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #27 of 155
Krayzie,
Can u find us a picture of the JX-3000? What's the color of the chasis? I remember seeing them in silver and gold. Those BBE and DSL system are very excellent sounding. Sony didn't stand a chance during the days of Aiwa (cassette anyway).

Purk

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #28 of 155
Humm I can't seem to find a pic of that at the moment... but it's practically just Bong's HS-JX707 in gold color... exact same exterior and I don't doubt interior design...

edit: okay here's the only one I've found:
hs-ex3000.jpg

Check out this link here: http://www.aiwa.co.jp/fun/history/1990's/1991.htm

Jan 25, 2003 at 6:51 PM Post #30 of 155
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
top...because it deserves it...some of these walkmans look amazing and i bet sound freaking great. I decided to whip out my 833 and listen to some iron maiden Live after death with my 7506's....hella sweet...very smooth and enjoyable (ie. where's that harsh Sony brightness?
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

ha ha gloco!
biggrin.gif
i took you cue and whipped out my WM-EX2 and listened to my cassette version of "Live After Death" the other day and listened to it on mt MDR-7506. you're right, it sounds really good!
wink.gif

have you tried listening to "A Real Live One" and "A Real Dead One" with your 7506's? it sounds really good, its not harsh at all but sounds really warm. i love how cool it sounds when Steve Harris' plucks madly away on his bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back