Legendary Portable Cassette Players Gallery
May 16, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #151 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina
Pappucho, actually, according to chinese portable maniacs in some forums, they find your incoming dd9 to be of much better value in terms of features, mechanisms, and most of all, sound quality out of all the walkmans sony released. and they place the much older d6c 40mW(?) to be a close second. these are on sony portables. the dd9 seems to be in par with aiwa's anniversary model jx2000. in fact, even upto now, there's still arguments on which of these two are better from aiwa and sony fanatics. that's just what i've learned. although the dd100 (boodo khan) is also well respected when mentioned. just not that "up there" with the older ones. and sony didn't use their "quartz" tech on it.

anyway, i can't wait for you to get your toys and see for yourself.

I'll definitely attest to the very good sound of the D6C.

I found one in perfect condition at a yard sale for $25 about a year ago. My tapes sound great especially the ones I recorded myself. I almost felt guilty since they thought it wasn't working (it was a bad ac adapter) but it really sounds and looks good.

May 17, 2005 at 9:03 AM Post #152 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
My third, last and best ever cassette walkman was the WM-EX672. This thing looked pretty slick and comparable to some modern HD players, both in terms of style and size. It also came with some semi canal earbuds, which when used in conjuction with a well recorded tape and 'revive' sound setting, actually sounded quite good. I can't take any pictures of it as I seriously don't know where it is (maybe in the loft?), but this was the best pic I could find.

wm-ex672.gif

Thats an incredible cassete player, I had that one in blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back