Left Westone 3 phone is dying
Jun 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

evilpanda

New Head-Fier
After less than a year my left earphone from Westone 3 stopped working properly. There is still sound coming out of it but it's less than 1/4 of the power from the right one. I'm very mad because these are very expensive earphones, and I know that there is 1 year warranty one them so my question is how fast/good is customer service with Westone and how do I proceed with them to get them repaired? I bought them from earphone solutions by the way.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 8
There is a good chance that the filter on the left is clogged by earwax, though the solution is filter replacement which required you to send the whole IEM back to Westone. Their CS is generally pretty fast, but you will probably need to provide the receipt.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
After less than a year my left earphone from Westone 3 stopped working properly. There is still sound coming out of it but it's less than 1/4 of the power from the right one. I'm very mad because these are very expensive earphones, and I know that there is 1 year warranty one them so my question is how fast/good is customer service with Westone and how do I proceed with them to get them repaired? I bought them from earphone solutions by the way.

Email Kyle and Rachelle (music@westone.com). They will get you all taken care of.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 8
Update: The earphone started working again. I was cleaning my tips and let them dry. After they were dry I put them back on and I think the inside of the tip was still wet and there may be a drop of water that went inside the earphone and it render it useles. After a couple of hours maybe the water evaporated and the earphone started working again.

phew.

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 8
^ What coincidence. I was also cleaning my tips today and my left driver suddenly stopped working. I thought that I had to call Westone for a replacement but I decided to google "westone 3 left ear stopped working" before and your thread came up first in Google. 

Hopefully, it will start working again after I leave it to dry for a couple of hours.

Btw does this affect the sound performance in anyway?

Update: Yep, it finally worked after leaving it to dry for 5-6 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back