Left ear phone on HE-400 is going out, need new planar magnetics to replace
Mar 10, 2016 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chewy4

Headphoneus Supremus
So the left headphone on my HE-400 is starting to cut in and out, I see that the problem is that the connector has somehow gotten pushed in. It's probably fixable somehow but in True American Spirit I have decided that my best option is to get a new pair.

The thing is I really like the way these sound and I still want that planar magnetic bass. But it's hard to find anything that matches that flat and steady bass that goes all the way to the subsonic frequencies without getting into the high end price range.

Budget is around $600 and I already have a Schiit Asgard to power them.

Also if anybody has any ideas on how to fix them let me know. I feel like shipping them out to China to have Hifiman fix them might not be worth it.

(oh and by flat bass I don't mean that in the negative sense of the word, I mean the frequency response is a flat line in that range)

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 3
  So the left headphone on my HE-400 is starting to cut in and out, I see that the problem is that the connector has somehow gotten pushed in. It's probably fixable somehow but in True American Spirit I have decided that my best option is to get a new pair.

The thing is I really like the way these sound and I still want that planar magnetic bass. But it's hard to find anything that matches that flat and steady bass that goes all the way to the subsonic frequencies without getting into the high end price range.

Budget is around $600 and I already have a Schiit Asgard to power them.

Also if anybody has any ideas on how to fix them let me know. I feel like shipping them out to China to have Hifiman fix them might not be worth it.

(oh and by flat bass I don't mean that in the negative sense of the word, I mean the frequency response is a flat line in that range)

I have a pair for sale in the classifieds. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back