Leckerton Audio UHA-6S
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

markkr

1000+ Head-Fier
Sep 20, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I just ordered the UHA-6 and will post my impressions. I have been looking for comparisons with the Just Audio uHA-120, however i couldn't find any...

Quote:
I'm very interested in this amp, but there isn't a whole lot of feedback on it.

Please post your experiences and comparisons to other current competitors.

Review here but not terribly current: http://www.head-fi.org/t/508076/review-leckerton-audio-uha-6s-portable-amp-dac

http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/uha-6s/

Oct 2, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Bumping this for any opinions?

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Bumping this for any opinions?

I received my UHA-6 (OPA209) on Friday. I don't have another amp of similar value to compare it to, only an E11 and Icon HDP which are inferior & superior respectively speaking. However i am very pleased with the improvement over the headphone out of my Touch 3G, and there is even one area where the UHA-6 beats the Icon HDP, that is the midrange, which is clearer and slightly more prominent, giving vocals a more intimate presentation (i suspect the OPA209 is responsible for this based on what i read although i don't have the default 8610 to compare).

Compared to the HO of the Touch, the sound stage is wider & deeper, overall SQ is very clear. More air and space, better separation. Switching back & forth, the HO of the Touch feels smaller and less dynamic.

The built quality is exceptional and has a very solid feel (and weight) to it. The volume pot truly gives a sense of refinement with just the right amount of resistance. Very smooth. I love the amp :)

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 5
^ Pretty much seconds my impressions.  It's my go to amp/DAC for portable/transportable use primarily w/ IEMs and many cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back