Leave Beats Alone :(( No I'm Kidding)
Dec 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Jlox1

100+ Head-Fier
I come to this website about twice a day, and i'd have to say that I see a lot of "Beats Bashing". So I thought I would make a post discussing that. 

Now let me start off by saying, beats are not bad! For a sub $150 Headphone. But for $299 the Studio's reallly are not that great, and for $199 the Solo's totally suck, and the Pro's for $399! Insane, I understand Monster is jacking "us" from our money, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that the headphones suck.. The price sucks considering that the headphones feel fragile and don't sound like $300 bucks. I have been looking and searching for  a valid reason other than those that the beats suck, and there isn't one. Everybody at my school wants beats or has them, and it slightly upsets me because I can't explain to people that they are wasting their times and to do a bit of research to find a pair of headphones better than them for cheaper. Like my situation (that i didn't really want to bring up lol) I wanted something better than some "Mainstream Pocketburner" and I was able to get a pair of NEW headphones (Shure SRH-750DJ, $110) and a Nice Refurbished Laptop (HP DV7-4179nr, $399) all for around $430. But if I wanted to get the beats studio's or pro's I wouldn't have been able to get a laptop, not a very good one atleast. So in conclusion that is why I dislike beats. What's your reason? 

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #2 of 21
We really don't need another beats bashing thread.

I am now neutral towards beats. I don't like them, but if others do them that is the sound they like. Beats bashers are becoming a much of a problem as beats fan boys.

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 21
I heard some sort of Beats at FYE a while back. They weren't the worst things I've heard. Would be okay in the 30 to 50 dollar range max. But a lot of people will be a premium for fashion and to be "cool". Doesn't affect me. *shrug*

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 21
I think the comfort level should add about $30 more huh ^__^ , and  I wouldn't call this a bashing thread more of an antibashing thread. I have nothing against the headphones but, $300 is alot for how they sound.... 

Dec 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 21
I heard the Beats at a BB and they were some of the worst noisemakers ever. The bass was so distorted it didn't even sound like bass. I'd like to think it was a bad setup, but that's what I heard.

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 21
The problem is their crazy price. If they were for around $100 bucks that would be okay. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 21
I preferred the HTF600 sound signature when I A/B'd them against the Beats Studios. I was definitely not impressed by the Beats Studio.

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 21
The general consensus of most people around here (now dont get me wrong, we do have others who think otherwise), is that the Beats sound fine, slightly bloated bass, but fine. The design is nice and the comfort is pretty good. But 350$+ is just a NONO. And everyone whos been around here for a reasonable amount of time would agree with it, or they may have other opinions as ot why they dislike it, but we all know 350$ for that? No. I'd rather have an M50 and V6 which are both better headphones than the beats, for less that the price of beats for BOTH. (And these are canadian prices. V6's are 115 in Canada and M50's are close to 200-250 dollars.)

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 21

Quote:
The general consensus of most people around here (now dont get me wrong, we do have others who think otherwise), is that the Beats sound fine, slightly bloated bass, but fine. The design is nice and the comfort is pretty good. But 350$+ is just a NONO. And everyone whos been around here for a reasonable amount of time would agree with it, or they may have other opinions as ot why they dislike it, but we all know 350$ for that? No. I'd rather have an M50 and V6 which are both better headphones than the beats, for less that the price of beats for BOTH. (And these are canadian prices. V6's are 115 in Canada and M50's are close to 200-250 dollars.)

Wise words man. x2

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 21

Quote:
I come to this website about twice a day, and i'd have to say that I see a lot of "Beats Bashing". So I thought I would make a post discussing that adding to the fray

No, thank you.

We hate Beats because they are fragile and overpriced. You answered your question before you even asked it.

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #15 of 21
You mentioned them not feeling very sturdy... a kid at my school had Beats solos on and I called out to him, he lifted one cup to hear me and it snapped from the head band.  Laughs were had by all (all being me).  He didn't even do it forcefully, I found it really funny.

As far as quality, I've tried all three at best buy (awful store btw... terrible customer service, I just go to browse and never buy) and the pros were the only decent ones, but for $500 you can get so much more.  You can find equal quality if not better sound around $150.  Only thing I like is the metal on them, although I assume it would get so annoying wearing them for more than a few minutes while testing them.  Thought they'd be fun for listening mindlessly to club music but for that kind of money it's just not worth it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back