Learning to play guitar?
Dec 10, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #16 of 18
+1 to learning to play songs you like, certainly kept me motivated.

Dec 21, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 18
I play guitar... Depends on what kind of style you want to play. There are alot of resources on youtube and you can also sign up for online guitar classes from alot of different placesf (guitartricks.com). For the basics probably good to learn some chords. Start playing simple songs using G, D C open chords kind of thing. You would be surprised how many songs you can play with simple chords.

If you want to learn lead well that is a bit different. But its all patterns - blues scale for example. As a beginner you probably don't need to start thinking about bending, vibrato for a while...

But to start I would try to learn chords and get a feel for rhythm. Play along with songs to get the feel.

A teacher would be good to get the basics down. The key is don't play with too much tension. This will come back to bite you later with injuries.

Its alot of practice to get to a high level, but if you enjoy it (like me) its a great hobby.

You don't necessarily need to start on acoustic. Electric style is very different. It depends on your goals. To start you can get lighter gauge strings. Quality instruments not only sound better, but are also easier to play.

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 18
The guitartuna app is great. I haven’t read chord books in years? My Mom taught piano so that’s why I’m not a piano player.
057D09BA-5FB1-4318-9D4F-90315A763721.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back