LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
May 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #166 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here there is also a video:

YouTube - Neu: Shure SRH Kopfhörer-Serie setzt Maßstäbe bei Listening und Recording

The look is a bit better than photos.

Is the guy speaking German or English? I think I understand what he's talking about, but then I don't.
confused.gif

May 7, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #167 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the guy speaking German or English? I think I understand what he's talking about, but then I don't.
confused.gif

I think a little bit of both....
confused_face.gif

May 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #169 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjay1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that speak English as your primary language, please take a look at the English version of the Headphone announcement @ Frankfurt Musikmesse placed on You Tube yesterday:

YouTube - New Shure Professional Headphones Introduction (MusikMesse 2009)

Enjoy!

This has been removed
frown.gif
bummer, I really wanted to know what that guy was saying!!

May 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #170 of 431
May 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #171 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drawnbychrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has been removed
frown.gif
bummer, I really wanted to know what that guy was saying!!

They must have just removed it since I watched it less than an hour ago. Honestly, the guy really didn't say much. It was a very general introduction to the 3 models (no specs, just intended use) and said that they would be available Summer '09. You really didn't miss much.

May 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #173 of 431
This excites me. My ears cannot wait to try a set of the SRH840s out.

May 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #174 of 431
I'm very curious about the 840, this could be a great headphone!

I don't like the materials, could be better, it seems all plastic, but the headphones could have some metal parts for better resisteance.

About this, the best brands are (IMHO) Audio-Tecnica and Denon: style and material quality in addition to suond quality.

May 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #176 of 431
you're not allowed to talk about build quality until you hold them. Or at least until you have seen more than fuzzy youtube videos and glamour shots. It's a new rule starting now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by archigius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very curious about the 840, this could be a great headphone!

I don't like the materials, could be better, it seems all plastic, but the headphones could have some metal parts for better resisteance.

About this, the best brands are (IMHO) Audio-Tecnica and Denon: style and material quality in addition to suond quality.

May 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #177 of 431
Im definately interested in the 840
smily_headphones1.gif
Could be another closed phone to add to my collection!

May 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #178 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're not allowed to talk about build quality until you hold them. Or at least until you have seen more than fuzzy youtube videos and glamour shots. It's a new rule starting now.

In fact, i'm not talking about BAD buit quality, i own the Shure se530 and i have nothing against Shure.

I only think metal is better than plastic, that's all.

Probably Shure chose a very good quality plastic and probably i'll buy a pair of these (it seems they share a similar sound signature with the se530), but there's nothing wrong if i say i prefer metal parts for the headband, instead of plastic.

May 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #179 of 431
Metal could be stronger, but plastic is lighter so they don't weigh you down as much.

I too am interested in what these will be like, but don't think they will be the gaming headphone i'm looking for sadly. Time will tell (or jude/edwood)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back