LD MKIII Power Switch Problem!!
Jul 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jpstereo

500+ Head-Fier
Looks like my LD MKIII has developed a problem. The power remains on even when the switch is in the off position. The only way to shut it down is to unplug the power cord. Snapping the power switch on and off does nothing. This is very frustrating as the unit is not very old. I assume this has nothing to do with the fuse since the unit still operates. Any ideas out there? Should I contact LD to set up a return? Are they serviced in the US? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

JP
confused.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 9
You can email David and he will probably fix it for you, although you would have to ship it back to China. Other than that you can always try to fix it yourself, doesn't seem to be a big problem. Maybe one of the DIYers on this forum can assist you.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 9
Probably one of the wires soldered to the power switch has gone bad. Little Dot's reseller David is located in the US and returns/exchange/warranty usually go through him. It's very likely that he'd ask you to send him the defected one (in the US) and LD would send you a new one from China. Try contacting him.

Jul 20, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 9
How much of a pain is it to get the bottom off? Just let it sit for a day to discharge the caps(please check the voltages with a multimeter first!)and just replace the switch. Its probably nothing more than a few connections and a nut securing the switch.

Jul 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #8 of 9
This is rather common in MKIII. My powerswitch is dead too and there have been couple of more these incidents, luckily to On position so I can just plug the cable whever I want to use it. Im sure its the powerswitch itself is at fault because when I try to switch it, it feels bit limp and not "clicking" like usually. I havent found energy to replace the switch yet.

*edit* Typo fix

Jul 21, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is rather common in MKIII. My powerswitch is dead too and there havent been couple of more, luckily to On position so I can just plug the cable whever I want to use it. Im sure its the powerswitch itself is at fault because when I try to switch it, it feels bit limp and not "clicking" like usually. I havent found energy to replace the switch yet.

That's exactly the way my switch feels MaZa. Perhaps LD should look at using different switches in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back