LD MK3 question
Jul 17, 2007 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maxxy

Head-Fier
Can someone help me out with my LD MK3:

I have finally received the amp - I have restrengthened the grip of the tubes, put both DIP switches at ON 1 (normal 5 setting, for my 250Ohm DT880) and let the amp warm up for 30mins. The music hasn't changed much and sounds *very* distorted. The volume knob itself doesn't seem to change much - I have even set it all the way down and it still continues to play music. Is my amp faulty? ;(

May 2, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello there!

I have a LD MKIII also.  I don't understand your comment that you can hear the sound when the volume control is off.  That doesn't sound right.  Mine is absolutely invisible when the volume control is all the way down and is crystal clear when you turn it up.  I'm using the DT-880 PRO with it and run the impedance on "10".  I don't change it when I run my HD-424 (2K ohms) or my HD-595's (55 ohms).  It sounds great with all of them.  I just adjust the volume control a bit to compensate depending what phones I'm interested in listening to at the moment.

Good Luck!

May 2, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 3
I'd say you got a bad one, their quality control doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. That's what happens when a small company gets successful and demand starts exceeding their ability to check everything well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back