LCD3 Measurements
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #226 of 236

Quote:
Four LCD3 channels from two pairs. (3/28/2012 EDIT: these are the older pairs)

I think it's only fair that I post this since I've been giving Audeze such a hard time. Four channels from two pairs of new "un-veiled" LCD3s. Slight 1/6 octave smoothing applied. Graphs are UNCOMPENSATED. The free-air measurement method utilized inflates mid-bass and rolls-off low bass.

This is why HF'ers with an "agenda" serve an overall good.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #227 of 236
Why is there a 5 -6 db shift between the 2 graphs?

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #228 of 236
I'll move things up and down when I line up separate graphs. Just a matter of where I left them off. In general, I set the reference level to 90db at 1k for measurements. There are exceptions if the FR is really wonky.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #229 of 236
I would assume my new ones from there newest batch sound like yours since the supplied freq. chart are almost identical. Yes I know that there charts arent the best to judge it by. I would wonder though if the rma ones are the same as the newest batch ones. You said you found different foam in this pair? Could you take a good side/top view of it so I can compare to see if the new batch non rma also have this different foam?

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #230 of 236
It should be foam (new) rather than felt (old). They are very different materials and it should be obvious upon inspection.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #231 of 236
I will try to take a look tonight if I get time.

edit

Took a look and it appears the newest batch released last week also have the 2mm foam.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #232 of 236
I  wish I could provide the graph , but I have been discussing a purchase of a LCD-3 with someone (not on this site)

The graph shows an immediate almost half circle dip one notch below 90 for the full first box of the graph , before sharply rising above 90 , and looking like a typical LCD-3 graph from there on

This is the first graph I have seen start, and continue to dip below the line at 90 

Now keep in mind I have very little knowledge of how to read a graph , but this unique reading does concern me.

What does it mean, and should I be concerned?

I was told they were purchased 3 months ago, but strangely the graph is dated Oct 18 2012 

Needless to say, I'm a tad confused by this info , unless the Oct reading was after getting RMA'd
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #233 of 236
I would get the serial # and contact Audeze to make sure it will be under warranty. Just make sure you like the sound of the LCD3 before committing to a purchase. The LCD3s I've heard recently are all consistent sounding now.

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #234 of 236
Quote:
I would get the serial # and contact Audeze to make sure it will be under warranty. Just make sure you like the sound of the LCD3 before committing to a purchase. The LCD3s I've heard recently are all consistent sounding now.

I do have the serial number, I guess I'll call Audeze monday.Would they give me the history?

Nov 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #235 of 236
Quote:
I do have the serial number, I guess I'll call Audeze monday.Would they give me the history?

I have seen on RMA'd pairs that the graph said "repair" next to the serial number at the bottom of the chart. But I am not sure if this is done consistently or not. Does the serial number start 231 or 261? 261 are the more recent serial numbers and to my knowledge did not suffer from the issues that the original batches did (starting 231).

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #236 of 236
these start with 261 , but he decided to keep them, after I said I would decide tuesday.
confused_face.gif

I was kinda getting cold feet anyway after he said they were 3 months old, but turned out to be less than a month according to the graph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back