LCD2 Rev2, HD650 which is brighter?
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #16 of 38
Quote:
The LCD2 has a grain and a slight harshness in the lower-highs and a lack of refinement that is disappointing for such an expensive headphone. If it didn't have that, I would have considered it.
smily_headphones1.gif

^ that is absolutely false...coming from the K702, DT990 and AHD5000, the highs on the LCD 2 are incredibly smooth and not harsh in any way. That's why its loved so much

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 38
The LCD2 is grainy in the upper frequencies and has a general lack of resolution - again - for the 1000$ price I expect better. I think you're confusing smooth with dark.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:
The LCD2 is grainy in the upper frequencies and has a general lack of resolution - again - for the 1000$ price I expect better. I think you're confusing smooth with dark.

Out of curiosity, what HP's do you consider smooth and resolving.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 38
The HD800, Beyerdynamics etc. They have their own problems ... the HD800 is bright and the T1 is crap, but the drivers in them have very good resolution. The LCD2 driver is more like a woofer trying to do treble like a full range driver, that was the impression I got.

Maybe the LCD3 resolves some of this problem with it's lighter driver and the comfort problem too but it costs double the LCD and I wouldn't bet on it.

And I was so pumped to hear the LCD2, I so wanted a HD800 with a better frequency response and less bass distortion down under 50Hz. :)

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

I owned the K702 and bought my lcd-2 rev.2s about a month ago. The K702 is a bright can, but i feel the highs in my second revision are just the right amount. They do not sound harsh at all, and are very smooth and detailed in the higher frequencies. Perhaps what you heard was a rev. 1. The rev. 2 is certainly adequate with respect to the higher frequencies IMO, and this is coming from someone who previously owned the K702s

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #23 of 38
I do not find the LCD-2 r2 dark too. It has enough amount. I really loveeeeeeeee the treble from my LCD-2. It is the best treble (quality) i have ever heard compared to other conventional dynamic/BA headphones so far..
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:
I do not find the LCD-2 r2 dark too. It has enough amount. I really loveeeeeeeee the treble from my LCD-2. It is the best treble (quality) i have ever heard compared to other conventional dynamic/BA headphones so far..
smile.gif

+1 this very much .. but i won't deny that i didn't hear any darker headphone.

Quote:
... the HD800 is bright and the T1 is crap ..

let me get this straight ,, you don't like the HD800, T1 and also the LCD-2 !! What is your problem ?! do you have stax or what ?! explain your self more, or anyone here won't give a s*** about your s****y opinion.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:
+1 this very much .. but i won't deny that i didn't hear any darker headphone.

let me get this straight ,, you don't like the HD800, T1 and also the LCD-2 !! What is your problem ?! do you have stax or what ?! explain your self more, or anyone here won't give a s*** about your s****y opinion.

don't worry, hes clearly some troll.  Ive seen him post before and I only asked my initial question so I could see what hp he'd trash next.  people like that aren't ever happy with anything.  I asked him what he liked and he just responded with his problems with other top level models.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #26 of 38
HD800 is a very good headphone but it's bright. T1 could have been a good (not great) headphone but it's crap - not even EQ can save it. LCD2 - I'm not completely discounting it - as I understand the sample variance at Audeze isn't great - but as a 1000$ state of the art headphone it's a failure - it's weak points are not fixable by EQ or light modding like the HD800's weak points are. It's a nice looking and inoffensive failure though.

It's hard for a fanboy to read about the weak points of his pride and joy, I feel ... something for you. :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:
HD800 is a very good headphone but it's bright. T1 could have been a good (not great) headphone but it's crap - not even EQ can save it. LCD2 - I'm not completely discounting it - as I understand the sample variance at Audeze isn't great - but as a 1000$ state of the art headphone it's a failure - it's weak points are not fixable by EQ or light modding like the HD800's weak points are. It's a nice looking and inoffensive failure though.

It's hard for a fanboy to read about the weak points of his pride and joy, I feel ... something for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

if you like the HD800 BUT it is bright for your taste, then the T1 should be the right one for you, yet you think they're not even bad just pure crap.

it's hard for a hater to read about the strong points of some pride and joy, instead they make up a few lame claims, I feel ... very sorry for you ( i bet that stax will be bright for you ).

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

It's hard for a fanboy to read about the weak points of his pride and joy, I feel ... something for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which state of the art headphone(s) lives up to price > performance for you?

And what exactly are the HD800 and LCD-2 weak points?

Without context it looks like you are trollin', at least from my perspective. YMMV. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #29 of 38
Call me crazy, but to my ears the HD650 sound too bright and LCD2-2r2 are just about right.  I switched from an HD600 to an HD650 and back to HD600 and it was like being in a warm shower, turning off the hot water and turning the hot water back on, I much preferred the HD600.  Going from an LCD-2r2 to an HE500 and back was similar, but maybe more like going from a little too warm to a little too cold, I couldn't decide which was better.  From these comparisons I don't think the r2 would ever have too much treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back