LCD2 earpads replacement help
Oct 16, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #16 of 20
Actually I was gonna do a custom project and I found a variety of 3M that was designed specifically for things that should be permanently attached on one side, with the intention that the other side is gonna be attached and removed multiple times. It sounded perfect for my application (which was not earpads). But when I looked it was available only in big rolls and the prices in UK were huge compared to American prices. And I didn't find a dealer in Czech Republic. I emailed 3M twice and they ignored me.

I'm sure you can get small quantities of generic 2 sided tape from China or locally. The only question is will it work in your application and not destroy your expensive gear.

I will probably just bite the bullet and purchase a sheet from the UK.

Thing is I don't even find the cheap Chinese stuff and im locked in at home because of the virus.

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 20
I will probably just bite the bullet and purchase a sheet from the UK.
I didn't know sheets were available. Eventually I'll look into this if I can't get the roll, roll, roll, gotta thrill my soul.

Thing is I don't even find the cheap Chinese stuff and im locked in at home because of the virus.
Yeah, as my buddy said this could be the crappiest year ever.

Oct 16, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #18 of 20
Actually I was gonna do a custom project and I found a variety of 3M that was designed specifically for things that should be permanently attached on one side, with the intention that the other side is gonna be attached and removed multiple times. It sounded perfect for my application (which was not earpads). But when I looked it was available only in big rolls and the prices in UK were huge compared to American prices. And I didn't find a dealer in Czech Republic. I emailed 3M twice and they ignored me.

I'm sure you can get small quantities of generic 2 sided tape from China or locally. The only question is will it work in your application and not destroy your expensive gear.

I went with the following:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/3M-300LSE-D...884521?hash=item2634a373e9:g:-e8AAOSwpfpeUDYQ

A5 x 5 = 15 pounds shipped

Any who, hope this comes out right.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #19 of 20
In my experience, you want to avoid using scissors.
Use a cutting mat (or something resembling a cutting mat), a scalpel or very sharp craft knife and always use templates.
I usually raid the kitchen for all my circles ...bowls, cups, glasses etc etc... they make excellent tools for circle cutting because you can put a lot of weight on them to keep things in place.

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #20 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back