LCD2 earpads replacement help
Oct 15, 2020 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fabriciom

Head-Fier
Hello,

I've purchased a set of replacement earpads for my LCD2s but now that they have arrived I see that they do not include glue or anything to attach it to the headphones.

Is there a tutorial on how to do this or what glue should I use?

Thank you.

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 20
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 20
You should not use glue! They should have come with double-sided tape cut to the right shape, or preinstalled and you peel off the paper.

No double-sided tape.

Where can I get this in EU?

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 20
What brand of earpads did you buy? Also, see above video linked from the Audeze site

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 20
@GREQ might know a source in Europe

Otherwise contact the seller and ask how you're suppose to use these. Last possibility, contact Dekoni or Audeze and maybe they'll help you out.

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #7 of 20
@GREQ might know a source in Europe

Otherwise contact the seller and ask how you're suppose to use these. Last possibility, contact Dekoni or Audeze and maybe they'll help you out.

Thanks for the info and the video.

I will try and find the double sided 3m tape.

-Cheers,
Fabricio

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #8 of 20
Oct 15, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #9 of 20
Sorry I can't help.
Audeze would be best place to start I think.

(Although, I'd just make my own 3M tape circles :sweat_smile: )

Im having a hard time finding 3m double sided sheets in Spain. They have them in the UK though.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #10 of 20
Yep, UK tape prices are enough to make you wish you bought original earpads. I was looking for a roll of double sided 3M. It's like 40 bucks in America, 250 GBP in UK.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #11 of 20
Yep, UK tape prices are enough to make you wish you bought original earpads. I was looking for a roll of double sided 3M. It's like 40 bucks in America, 250 GBP in UK.

lol I was just thinking that, about buying original.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 20
oniwattt.png

When I search for "double sided 3M tape" it's like 10-15 euros for any variant on amazon UK or DE

Is there a special kind you need for ear pads that I'm not aware of? (serious question)

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #13 of 20

When I search for "double sided 3M tape" it's like 10-15 euros for any variant on amazon UK or DE

Is there a special kind you need for ear pads that I'm not aware of? (serious question)

I was just looking for a thin A4 sheet. But I don't know to me 10-15€ plus another 10€ shipping. Seems excessive.

Thats why I was trying to locate it locally.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #14 of 20
I was just looking for a thin A4 sheet. But I don't know to me 10-15€ plus another 10€ shipping. Seems excessive.

Thats why I was trying to locate it locally.
Oh yeah for sure... I wouldn't expect it to be more than 5-8 euros per roll in a local store.

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #15 of 20
oniwattt.png

Actually I was gonna do a custom project and I found a variety of 3M that was designed specifically for things that should be permanently attached on one side, with the intention that the other side is gonna be attached and removed multiple times. It sounded perfect for my application (which was not earpads). But when I looked it was available only in big rolls and the prices in UK were huge compared to American prices. And I didn't find a dealer in Czech Republic. I emailed 3M twice and they ignored me.

I'm sure you can get small quantities of generic 2 sided tape from China or locally. The only question is will it work in your application and not destroy your expensive gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back