LCD2 cables in the $100-200 range
Mar 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Riggaberto

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all - I know there are lots of LCD2 cable threads, but I'm starting this one because I want specific price range of $100-200. I'm open to the idea that there could be a price/performance sweet spot above or below that but that's ultimately want I want to go for: price/performance.  

I was happy with the stock cable other than the left channel is done in less than two years.  My educated guess is that there difference between the stock cable and a $600 silver cable is there, but minimal, and most importantly, I cant afford it.  

Is there a durable replacement-quality level cord I should be looking at? Can I actually upgrade the sound for $100-200? 

Thanks!  

Mar 18, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 12
Bump! I know there's lots of general LCD2 cable threads but this price range is another matter!  Thanks folks.  

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 12
  Hi all - I know there are lots of LCD2 cable threads, but I'm starting this one because I want specific price range of $100-200. I'm open to the idea that there could be a price/performance sweet spot above or below that but that's ultimately want I want to go for: price/performance.  

I was happy with the stock cable other than the left channel is done in less than two years.  My educated guess is that there difference between the stock cable and a $600 silver cable is there, but minimal, and most importantly, I cant afford it.  

Is there a durable replacement-quality level cord I should be looking at? Can I actually upgrade the sound for $100-200? 

Thanks!  

The Moon Audio Blue Dragon with Audeze connectors is $190 for 5 ft.  It's an excellent cable.  I've used the Blue Dragon on the Senn HD800 and 600 and it produced a significant improvement v. the stock cables.  I often wonder if higher priced cables are any improvement over the Blue Dragon.  The Blue Dragon is a neutral cable.  Actually, if I had an LCD-22 I'd probably get the Silver Dragon which is a bit more but which produces some additonal treble which would be useful for the LCD-2.  But the Blue Dragon would be fine.

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 12
Buy used or make your own, it's pretty easy.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 12
  We do a stranded OCC Silver cable for £115 for 6ft. This is pure 5N silver, not plated as the price might suggest to some.

How does your OCC Silver effect the sound signature on the lcd2 and HD700?  I don't really want to enhance the treble or high end on either headphone.  Thanks.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 12
I have been looking for cables in this price range as well (HD800 not Audeze).  From my research there aren't many available that will fall below the $150 mark, and for $150-$200 you are looking at 6ft...maybe 8ft.  It would be easier to suggest something for you if we knew the specifics of what you wanted.  The most important thing would be length.

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 12
+1 to making your own.  I wish I had researched that option prior to purchasing a replacement for my stock LCD-2 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back