• LCD2-C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EL-8 (Closed)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 15, 2018 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Cybertox

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a new pair of headphones. Currently I own a Custom One Pro and a DT1990 Pro, I am running them both using either my iPhone 6S+ or The Element when I am home. The Element is the only AMP/DAC I currently own. Now that pretty much all of my ear-pads ripped on my Custom One Pro, I am looking at the possibility of buying a new closed portable headphone, however I am also looking to buy a new high-end headphone for home use because I really do not like the treble of the DT 1990 Pro and its disturbing amount of sibilance.

Now here comes the actual question, should I replace my Custom One Pro with a closed variant of the EL-8 or should I replace my DT 1990 Pro with either an LCD2-C or an HD660S?

The thing with the EL-8 is that I will also have the option to listen to them at home with The Element, with the other two alternatives however I wont have the possibility to use them when I am commuting to work cause they are open, leak sound and require stationary amplification and conversion in order to be properly enjoyed.

It must be noted that the EL-8 still cost 750.- here in Switzerland, so those and the LCD2-C have pretty much the same price, the HD660S though are cheaper as they are around 550.-

Which route should I go? Many thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back