LCD2,Beyer T1,Sennheiser HD800and HifiMan HE6 Shootout Impressions
Sep 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #17 of 62
Thanks guys for the great comparison !
Sure cleared many of my doubts
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 62
Great write up Ross! Very well stated of five of the very best headphones released in the past little while.

A great and informative read!
smile.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 62
Very informative thread! great job. I am not sure how many people have tried my combo but how does the W5000 + HA5000 stack up against these heavy weights? I have to give these headphones a try and test them out, but I have go to a meet first, oh well, I sure hope it's not a night and day thing... cheers, 

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #20 of 62

Quote:
Very informative thread! great job. I am not sure how many people have tried my combo but how does the W5000 + HA5000 stack up against these heavy weights? I have to give these headphones a try and test them out, but I have go to a meet first, oh well, I sure hope it's not a night and day thing... cheers, 

You don't want to know.
wink.gif

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #22 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGF  
" no pics of the meet?"

I took a few pics and emailed them to Aaron. I hope he'll post them. It's tough to post pics from my BlackBerry.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #23 of 62
Baka's impression on the HD800 and LCD2 is very similar to mine. With regard to treble on the HD800, my experience is difference from Frank, I don't notice much harshness or bright treble at all on my system which is a Headroom BUDA. I like to listen to music on the loud side, so in a way, I kind of like the "not as forward as the LCD2" character because I can listen a little louder on the 800 and it can become quite intimate for me. I have almost 15 hours on the LCD now, and I am still trying to get use to the slightly bloated character of the LCD2. Hope it will change soon when I get my balance ALO recable. I am 100 percent agree on the detail retreival ability of the HD800. Great job and thanks for the observations.

Sep 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #25 of 62
Were these impressions based on listening before, during or after that bottle of malt scotch was emptied?
biggrin.gif
And did impressions change from start to finish? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #26 of 62
Thanks for the impression guys.  Frank, I am in an agreement with you on the spike in treble on the HD-800 which has been bother some for me since day one.  Hopefully, an upgrade cable will correct this issue.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #27 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyajeet  
" Were these impressions based on listening before, during or after that bottle of malt scotch was emptied? And did impressions change from start to finish? "

Sorry to disappoint you, all I had was a half a shot with a splash of water. LoL I only wanted a taste. That Macallen was as good as I remembered.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #28 of 62
What a great perspective on how each of the five headphones performs in comparison with each other.  Thanks for the effort and taking the time to put down in writing your impressions.  Cheers.

Sep 19, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #29 of 62
This thread is why I follow head-fi!

Most of us will never get to hear these headphones alll at once. Usually people are comparing headphones from memory and on different equipment to boot. Many thanks.

Anyway, I have only heard the HD800 and the T1 side by side and went for the HD800. The soundstage was soooo seductive. I did find the treble slightly hot with the HD800 on certain recordings and my Lehmann BCL. Switching over to the Leben I found the problem was resolved. I never heard violins  sound better through headphones.

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #30 of 62

[size=medium]
I'm looking to upgrade to a pair of world class cans, and this topic was very informative. The HD800's seem to be the slight favorite, though the harsh highs, and to a lesser extent the mild bass is something to note. 

Great impressions and write up's all around.

Cheers.

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back