LCD-5 is emh, interesting…
Mar 14, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #31 of 42
Lol. So your $12k amp sounds the same as your $500 amp?

Either the amps are wrong or you are wrong 😂

Mar 14, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #32 of 42
Lol. So your $12k amp sounds the same as your $500 amp?

Either the amps are wrong or you are wrong 😂
lol, I meant that the LCD-5 signature sounded the same, and amps didn't affect the fatigue "component".

Mar 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #34 of 42
So which part of A90 that doesn't suit the job to drive LCD-5 in term of power requirement?

This amp produce 7,6 watt at 16 ohm. The output impedance of A90 at 0.2 ohm.

Audeze LCD-5 is 14 ohm with 90dB sensitivity. Based on https://www.hear.audio/2019/06/01/headphone-power-calculator/ to produce 125dB (which is way higher than needed), it needs 6.63V and 0,475 ampere or at 3,1 watt of power.

If that is not enough, then ok, you are right, we may need power plant to light up LCD-5.
Yes, what Hifiearspeakers said. high power output at such low driver ohms tells you it pushes lots of current.

power at impedance is sufficient to know that. which is the info that matters for people wondering driveability of amps.

My buddy has no background in electronics know this info is important to know. No matter what your background is, important info is important.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #35 of 42
I decided to put up my LCD-5 for sale. With less than 5h of listening and an additional cable.

Now I just need to figure out how the classified section works… 😅

Mar 16, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #36 of 42
I decided to put up my LCD-5 for sale. With less than 5h of listening and an additional cable.

Now I just need to figure out how the classified section works… 😅
Have you tried Diana TC?

With the similar in price, size, weight, and both have rather mid forward character, with fast and accurate decay, it's the direct competitor of LCD-5.

Mar 16, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #37 of 42
Have you tried Diana TC?

With the similar in price, size, weight, and both have rather mid forward character, with fast and accurate decay, it's the direct competitor of LCD-5.
That's exactly what I ordered now and thats why I am gonna be selling Audeze, they are good, but just not my type. I am a little worried about the Diana TC reviews I have seen, they are mixed as well...

Mar 16, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #38 of 42
That's exactly what I ordered now and thats why I am gonna be selling Audeze, they are good, but just not my type. I am a little worried about the Diana TC reviews I have seen, they are mixed as well...

Well, both DTC and LCD-5 are intense headphone. DTC is not as forward LCD-5 in term of vocal position, but Diana is a bit brighter, compensate with better and bigger sub bass compared to LCD-5 though. Oh, and soundstage also more spacious, wider, and noticeable better depth too with DTC.

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #39 of 42
Well, both DTC and LCD-5 are intense headphone. DTC is not as forward LCD-5 in term of vocal position, but Diana is a bit brighter, compensate with better and bigger sub bass compared to LCD-5 though. Oh, and soundstage also more spacious, wider, and noticeable better depth too with DTC.
Nice! Can’t wait to try them!

So far Grado GS3000e and Focal Utopia are my two favorites

Apr 2, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #41 of 42
Hey!

I am new here, sorry if this is a wrong place to post this.

I got LCD-5 recently, I tried listening to them with Topping D90+A90, Mscaller+Dave, Bottlehead Crack. Compared them to Utopias and HD650 and I have to say they are very clear sounding but umh, cause some sort of listening fatigue. Compared to both Utopias and HD650 they make your ears tense and give certain unpleasurable sounds signature.

Interestingly enough switching to DSD mode on Dave helps a lot, but still they are a bit too sharp..

Is it just me, or they are less impressive than most reviewers said they are? Whats your latest impressions?
you are listening to quite analytical phones on very analytical electronics -- try SMSL D300, Singxer SA1, or some of the Ifi amps... -- and/or try EQ them with curves tailored for LCD-5. My chain is SMSL D1SE -- ifi pro ican Sig --> LCD5 with EQ ing. They sound much better now than Meze Elite. LCD-5 is the best base to start improving them and when you do, you end up with the best phone on Earth. Other phones such as those in the Meze line do not respond well to mods.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #42 of 42
I recently got Diana TCs and in my subjective mind they are miles better in terms of listening pleasure. LCD-5 has more detailes and soundstage but they as you say are too analytical for me.

you are listening to quite analytical phones on very analytical electronics -- try SMSL D300, Singxer SA1, or some of the Ifi amps... -- and/or try EQ them with curves tailored for LCD-5. My chain is SMSL D1SE -- ifi pro ican Sig --> LCD5 with EQ ing. They sound much better now than Meze Elite. LCD-5 is the best base to start improving them and when you do, you end up with the best phone on Earth. Other phones such as those in the Meze line do not respond well to mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back