LCD-3 / HD-800 amp
Jan 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 207
Quote:
Just ordered RWA Bellina with Pro DAC and Balanced output, for my LCD3. Now the wait begins 
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Me too I ordered a Bellina and now waiting... :)

Hey B, I did see a post of yours about ordering one. We should start a RWA Bellina thread.......there is not one is there?

Jan 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #78 of 207
Jan 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #79 of 207
Well I'm torn between the new Decware Taboo coming in spring or RWA Cassabria which is a Bellina without the dac. Dont think the new Taboo will reach anyones homes until about june/july with their 3 month que. I'm just curious how long I'd have to wait if i went with the RWA.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #80 of 207
One thing to consider about RWA is that if you upgrade later they're a real bitch to sell from what I've seen. I often see them go for less than half of the new price being less than a year old.

Quote:
Well I'm torn between the new Decware Taboo coming in spring or RWA Cassabria which is a Bellina without the dac. Dont think the new Taboo will reach anyones homes until about june/july with their 3 month que. I'm just curious how long I'd have to wait if i went with the RWA.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #81 of 207
Quote:

If it were me (and it was three days ago:) I'd shoot Vinnie (the owner) an email, that way you get an accurate answer.

Vinnie Rossi vinnie@redwineaudio.com

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #82 of 207
Thanks Saraguie. Did you go with a balanced output? There's a massive difference in power looking at the specs.
SE           650mW into 32-ohm 
Balanced  5Wrms into 32-ohm
(EDIT - whoops you already said)

MorbidToaster I'm not sure there are any upgrades available for the Cassabria. I think it comes standard with both SE + Balanced outputs.
Unless you meant having a dac fitted to it at later date.

Jan 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #83 of 207
I meant if you wanted another amp, or something not RWA.

Quote:
Thanks Saraguie. Did you go with a balanced output? There's a massive difference in power looking at the specs.
SE           650mW into 32-ohm 
Balanced  5Wrms into 32-ohm

MorbidToaster I'm not sure there are any upgrades available for the Cassabria. I think it comes standard with both SE + Balanced outputs.
Unless you meant having a dac fitted to it at later date.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #85 of 207
does anyone know when the Liquid Glass will be available?  also would something balanced be "better"?
Running hd650's now with a gungnir and lyr, adding vinyl in a week or two, haven't decided Rega or VPI, any suggestions, I'm the go big or go home type, the Schiit and HD650 gear is my first

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #86 of 207
Quote:
Bryston BHA-1. I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned it yet. If price were no object for me, (I need to keep it under 1k) that's the route I'd go. Being that you have the preference for solid state.

Totally agree, I don't have the LCD3 but if power and juice is what the headphone demands, the Bryston delivers in spades. I was luke warm when I got my HD800, thought it's a bit too finicky on the treble during the first week. Then I bought the BHA-1 thinking if the amp doesn't work out, I'll then return the amp and the headphone. What happened then was I started to love the combo a bit more each passing day.

I've just hit the one month mark with the amp and the can and all I can say is they sound phenomenal. Expensive, yes, overprice even imo, but I don't want to go to bed each night listening to them. 

If the Bryston can drive HD800 this well, I have no doubt it'll make the LCD-3 sing as well, it has tons of power and control .

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #87 of 207
Quote:
does anyone know when the Liquid Glass will be available?  also would something balanced be "better"?
Running hd650's now with a gungnir and lyr, adding vinyl in a week or two, haven't decided Rega or VPI, any suggestions, I'm the go big or go home type, the Schiit and HD650 gear is my first

AFAIK, the Liquid Glass has a few units left, however Alex has stopped availability pending a fix.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #88 of 207
Quote:
AFAIK, the Liquid Glass has a few units left, however Alex has stopped availability pending a fix.

This. As for balanced being better, no. If done right balanced vs SE is null. Cavalli amps definitely do it right.

i like VPI over Rega depending on the table. Which tables are you looking at?

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #89 of 207
Quote:
This. As for balanced being better, no. If done right balanced vs SE is null. Cavalli amps definitely do it right.

i like VPI over Rega depending on the table. Which tables are you looking at?

RP8 vs scout 2 most likely going to use an audio research (tube) phono amp

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #90 of 207
Oh man that's gonna be sick. AR PH6? It's on my list of stages I'm looking at. Near the top actually. I recently picked the WTL Amadeus over the RP8. Though both are quite nice. I'd look at the Kuzma Stabi/Stogi combo as well. There's a ton if good stuff in that range but the Scout is a fine table.

Excited to get my Amadeus in. I picked it 1 because the wife liked the looks and 2 because the sand filled arm was soooo smooth to cue.
Quote:
RP8 vs scout 2 most likely going to use an audio research (tube) phono amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back