LCD-2 WA6 Impedence mismatch
Jan 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bigshuse

New Head-Fier
I have a Woo WA6 and I was thinking about trying out the LCD-2. How bad of an idea is it to switch to the higher impedence(100-600ohm) setting on the WA6 if the proper impedence setting(1-99ohm) does not supply adequate power. Is this just a really bad idea? Will it provide any additional power? Will it damage the amp? Thanks.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 3
You should read the reviews here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/woo-audio-wa6

The impedance switch, which really should be called a gain selector, does increase the output gain of the amp.  Be sure to turn down the volume all of the way and possibly turning off the amp prior to switching gain modes.

Some users have noted that the default output tube is not ideal which is covered in more detail within the reviews seen in the link above.

P.S.

Switching to the other setting to get more power from the amp is exactly what it is designed to do.  No worries as long as you follow the directions above primarily turning the volume all of the way down prior to switching to the new gain setting.

Let us know how you like the sound of the LCD-2 on the new gain setting.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 3
I used to drive my lcd2 with a woo audio6 with pretty good results. Definitely use the high gain setting. No damage to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back