LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Feb 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #1,006 of 1,111
i think the sound of elephant is a little bit more traditional in what most people consider rock, lots of power chords.  it sounds wonderful on the LCD-2s.  much better than icky thump imo.

Quote:
Jack White is a brilliant musician.  I don't have Elephant, though, but four others.  How does "Elephant" compare to Get Behind me Satan, or Icky Thump?  On another Jack White note, I'd really enjoyed the documentary, This is Going to get Loud. 

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #1,007 of 1,111
my favorite album of his is Mir, it's a bit more dubstep influenced but i think it's wonderful.  it's like dubstep but without the rough edges, and a much smoother sound.  "One Day I Wish To Have This Kind Of Time" is wonderful.

Quote:
I like Ott.  I have these CD's

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #1,008 of 1,111
Elephant is my favorite. It's the only one I can listen to straight thru

Quote:
Jack White is a brilliant musician.  I don't have Elephant, though, but four others.  How does "Elephant" compare to Get Behind me Satan, or Icky Thump?  On another Jack White note, I'd really enjoyed the documentary, This is Going to get Loud. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #1,009 of 1,111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-31e8Nlujw&ob=av3e  Wow. Just wow.  

edit:  I've just compared the live youtube version and the album version of the goat rodeo (came in the mail just yesterday, i love buying CDs from amazon.) and the album version has much better imaging though the soundquality is about the same on 1080p.  

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #1,011 of 1,111
I was on the road today and my iPod kept finding good Blues tracks that haven't been posted here before.

John Mayall's Blues Breakers
220px-Bluesbreakers_John_Mayall_with_Eric_Clapton.jpg

Classic electric blues from the 1960s. Clapton's finest?

Walter Trout - Full Circle
She Takes More Than She Gives
Workin' Overtime
After Hours
Clouds On the Horizon

If you enjoy the Walter Trout, then Joe Bonamassa is also well worth checking out, especially Blues Deluxe and A New Day Yesterday Live.

Edit: I forgot the track that was the first Joe Bonamassa I heard; Bridge to Better Days from You & Me.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #1,012 of 1,111
I am quite impressed by Mono on the LCD-2 R.2. It's not as good as Stereo but it sounds more proper for those recordings. The problem with Mono is it's not engaging like Stereo is. More so, you just listen to it and enjoy. But I really like listening to old records on here like Elvis, Beatles, Dylan, Kinks etc.... If you were to just buy it for Mono recordings I'd say it is a waste of money but it's a nice bonus. I heard the LCD-3 is really mean to older recordings so that might be where the LCD-2 R.1/R.2 shines better.

Feb 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #1,013 of 1,111
Jax, I just wanted to say thanks for reminding me about this.

I saw the concert on TV a while ago, and recently got the CD.

51cqgZi%2BcPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It doesn't have the tracks with Joss Stone or Imogen Heap as you mentioned, but it's fabulous even without them. I might also get the DVD or Blu-Ray...

Quote:
Two from Jeff Beck's great performance at Ronnie Scott's - these guest appearances are not on the CD AFAIK - you'd have to get the DVD. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,015 of 1,111
Glad you liked it.  Yeah, damn shame that they didn't get the rights to put those guest spots on the CD as they're all killer, but for sure, Jeff Beck can hold his own without them, and the band he assembles is outstanding.  The DVD is definitely worth owning.  Great show! 

Quote:

It doesn't have the tracks with Joss Stone or Imogen Heap as you mentioned, but it's fabulous even without them. I might also get the DVD or Blu-Ray...

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,016 of 1,111
I don't have LCDs, but I do enjoy this thread - thanks guys! I had been looking for this in an album format, as I had seen some of the YouTube clips (wasn't sure if it existed.)

I am enjoying this album through my D7 -> PK1s. Cause We've Ended As Lovers is simply epic (Tal Wilkenfeld is a stellar bassist to note)...

Quote:
Glad you liked it.  Yeah, damn shame that they didn't get the rights to put those guest spots on the CD as they're all killer, but for sure, Jeff Beck can hold his own without them, and the band he assembles is outstanding.  The DVD is definitely worth owning.  Great show! 

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back