LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Aug 7, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #706 of 1,111
I find the LCD-2s to be great with any kinds of music.. I tried some metal (linkin park, opeth), electronica (massive attack), jazz (buble, coltrane, miles davis, jamie cullum), rock (john mayer, U2).. pretty much evrything.. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #709 of 1,111
Well I took WA advice and went to my library and checked out about 20 cd.
I am listening to

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #710 of 1,111

Quote:
I find the LCD-2s to be great with any kinds of music.. I tried some metal (linkin park, opeth), electronica (massive attack), jazz (buble, coltrane, miles davis, jamie cullum), rock (john mayer, U2).. pretty much evrything.. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
I agree the title of this thread should be changed

Yeah the title was made quickly to get things off the ground in the LCD community.  Not really meant to imply exactly what music sounds best with LCD's because everything sounds good but I didn't know what else to title it. I actually didn't think anyone was going to post anything.

But I'm open to changing it if anyone has a good title to change it to.

Oh and don't forget to post something to listen to...

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #711 of 1,111

Quote:
Well I took WA advice and went to my library and checked out about 20 cd.
I am listening to

I actually got to the website of my counties library system and order everything from there and then have it delivered to branch closest to my house.  Much better than rifling through a physical stack and better access to the entire collection of all 15 or so collective branches.  Hint.  I use my card, my wife's card and my daughters card to MAX OUT the number of CD's I can order and bring on home 

I also use this library service to find out what new weekly items the library is going to be obtaining.   I'm pretty sure it works for libraries across the country.  Just plug in your zip code to see if it does.

http://www.wowbrary.org/index.aspx

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #712 of 1,111

Quote:
Ordered this also from the library, one of the few Miles I haven't heard.

Quote:
I actually got to the website of my counties library system and order everything from there and then have it delivered to branch closest to my house.  Much better than rifling through a physical stack and better access to the entire collection of all 15 or so collective branches.  Hint.  I use my card, my wife's card and my daughters card to MAX OUT the number of CD's I can order and bring on home

I also use this library service to find out what new weekly items the library is going to be obtaining.   I'm pretty sure it works for libraries across the country.  Just plug in your zip code to see if it does.

http://www.wowbrary.org/index.aspx

Thanks for sharing that link, I just signed up for updates on our little library; it kind of surprised me that we weren't overlooked.

Also let me know what you think of that MD album, it's the first one I acquired and still my favorite. I saw him performing "Jean Pierre" on SNL one evening approaching the twilight of his career as was absolutely hooked.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #713 of 1,111
try Massive Attack's Collected (album).. it sounded really nice with all those drums and percussions.. this totally makes the bass on the LCD-2 perform to the fullest :)

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #714 of 1,111
The song "Window" in particular takes on a whole new sonic character with its deep, textured, cavernous bass.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #715 of 1,111
This CD is pretty amazing.  Hearing it today for the first time.  Always mentioned in circles but thanks to this thread and library I finally got motivated to pick it up.  Sounds great on LCD, recorded well.  
Perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon.  All I would need is some Latin liquor beverage.  One step at a time...... 

Quote:

Buena Vista Social Club
All these CD's have excellent sound

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #717 of 1,111
Quote:

Buena Vista Social Club

I'm now listening to this - a recent acquisition from my local library - and the recording sounds great. I've heard the album and watched the documentary a few years ago, and hearing the music now with as much sonic precision as the LCD-2 present is really enjoyable experience.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #718 of 1,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt 

For all those with a hard-on for this album (BVSC); you might also enjoy this one:

And David Byrne's series of Brazillian classics, of which this is one...

Right now listening to Fiona Apple accompanying Johnny Cash singing the great Cat Stevens song, Father and Son, on this album (one of the Rick Rubin series):

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #720 of 1,111
Yeah that Unearthed series is awesome, so many great songs. I Hung My Head and Redemption Song are a couple of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back