LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Aug 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #662 of 1,111
Quote:
Head Injury - if you liked FBR, point Spotify here (more great female vocals and intelligent lyrics on a covers album, and beautifully recorded):

I skipped Temptation and went for Girl Talk first.

Allmusic's review is spot on. It's as intimate as any lo-fi recording but sounds brilliant too. I've never been a big fan of vocal jazz (or female vocals) but I think Holly Cole is going to change my mind.

A little more sibilant than usual actually, but that doesn't stop it from being great.

Aug 1, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #663 of 1,111
I am listening to this right now and it sounds great. The Allman Brothers

I went to an estate sale and picked up these 2. I liked this diana krall cd, It is pretty good. The Sarah Vaughan cd has decent sound quality and her voice is amazing.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #666 of 1,111

Aug 1, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #670 of 1,111

Dar Williams, "The Beauty Of The Rain". CD: Monster In Law

Rosey, "Love (Koop Remix)" CD: Monster In Law

Micatone. "Quiet Boy"  CD: Sonar Kollektiv: Ten Years Who Cares

Sara K., "If I Could Sing Your Blues"  CD: Play On Words

Dhafer Youssef "Tarannoum"  CD: Malak

Terry Callier, "Dancing Girl".  CD:What Color Is Love

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #671 of 1,111
     Quote:
If I had to choose one album only to keep forever it would be this one.   

I never get tired of this one.

I felt inspired to listen to this album again, so I did, and it was my first time hearing it with the LCD-2 rev2. I found the relative treble extension of the rev.2 to be more satisfying and realistic sounding with this recording than the rev1; the rev2 impactfully revealed the sonic detail with more clarity. The CD version I have of this is a 20-Bit Super Mapping remaster and it has a different cover than the one above. 

What wonderful music - Love it!

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #672 of 1,111
Any Acid Jazz fans? Well I recommend Four80East's en route. It's a great album to relax to.

Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Also,

Kaori Kobayashi- Sunshine. If you can find a HD version. Great Alto Saxophone artist.

Note: The video is only a sample. Go find the real version. :)

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #673 of 1,111

Quote:
     Quote:

I felt inspired to listen to this album again, so I did, and it was my first time hearing it with the LCD-2 rev2. I found the relative treble extension of the rev.2 to be more satisfying and realistic sounding with this recording than the rev1; the rev2 impactfully revealed the sonic detail with more clarity. The CD version I have of this is a 20-Bit Super Mapping remaster and it has a different cover than the one above. 

What wonderful music - Love it!

I have every version made of A Love Supreme. In some case I have a few duplicates of each version. My brother in law used to work for GRP records and he was able to get me the complete line of Impulse releases of every Jazz artist on the Impulse label.

Oddly enough the environment I love to listen to A Love Supreme the most is in my truck when I'm driving.  Somehow it calms me and no amount of traffic hassle can get to me. It's not a high fidelity situation for sure, there's road noise, the wind rushing about because the windows are open but somehow the music comes through and grabs me. Afterwards when I reach my destination I hear Coltrane singing A Love Supreme, A Love Supreme like a mantra in my head.

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #674 of 1,111
I love Acid Jazz.  not sure why the genre is called that.  Also love Trip-Hop. The two seem so closely related.

Some Acid Jazz I enjoy.  (At least my iTunes categorizes it as Acid Jazz), but it is probably also NuJazz and Electro Jazz, Jazz-Rap  A lot of this is not going to be everyones cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back